Tool list for Reactive maintenance Plumber. | Plumbing Tools | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tool list for Reactive maintenance Plumber. in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Not long until I start my new job, I have the majority of tools that I think I need but as I do a lot of different types of work I carry a lot of stuff that I won't be needing.

I'm going to get a new tool bag and get my hand tools sorted.

Hex Keys
Torx Keys
Adjustables
Grips
wire cutters
Long nose pliers - After an extra long set too but can't find any decent ones, recommendations?
Screwdrivers
Olive cutters
Pump spanner
Nail bar
Hammer
Chisel
Pipe cutters
Boat level

What else shall I carry?, that's not all i have by the way just going off what I've been using today.

Thanks

Yup, you can do anything if your flooding the customers roof space and havent got a key to turn that bleeding valve off in the road, hence why i have one of each :)

I didn't mean that in lieu of managing external isolation I indulge in a spot of river dancing in the loft. I meant more that a basin wrench and a pair of grips seems to do the job for all but the deepest orifices.

It will be interesting to see how they work. The first 4-6 weeks will be a nightmare i'm sure until i get in to the swing of things and get a system going. One of the girls in the office said minimum 8 jobs a day, the first week or so I might struggle to achieve that but then once I find my feet I should be ok.

Don't make a school boy on your first week and thrash through 10 jobs a day. Do that and they'll expect that everyday! Take your time play with the laptop get used to
The process and make sure you're comfortable with everything. 5 jobs done well is better then 8 rushed call backs

Don't make a school boy on your first week and thrash through 10 jobs a day. Do that and they'll expect that everyday! Take your time play with the laptop get used to
The process and make sure you're comfortable with everything. 5 jobs done well is better then 8 rushed call backs

Excellent advice, taken on board.

My service and repair kit is very basic.

Screwdrivers
Wire cutters
Long nose pliers
Allen keys
Torx screwdrivers (I did have a set of 6 but have thrown all but 2 sizes)
Basin wrench (monument has a fairly small end and can get into boilers no problem)
2 pairs of adjustables
1 10" bahco grips
1 12" crescent grips
Multimeter
Head torch

Then in my pockets I always have a Stanley knife and volt stick.

Then in the van I have a box full of other bits and bobs and then have separate boxes for install and oil.

My service and repair kit is very basic.

Screwdrivers
Wire cutters
Long nose pliers
Allen keys
Torx screwdrivers (I did have a set of 6 but have thrown all but 2 sizes)
Basin wrench (monument has a fairly small end and can get into boilers no problem)
2 pairs of adjustables
1 10" bahco grips
1 12" crescent grips
Multimeter
Head torch

Then in my pockets I always have a Stanley knife and volt stick.

Then in the van I have a box full of other bits and bobs and then have separate boxes for install and oil.

no hammer when all of the above doesnt work :D

Pair of grips
Long Phlips screwdriver
Adjustables
A dozen grollings
Five olive-spantles, jigged and onioned
Metre of fleeling wire, co-axial, twenty UJs and a parping couplet
Two rolls of spowling tape
Six sheets of parkinised gruddock paper
Four felching pens and a bevelled spill-trunion

Possibly half a dozen frotting pencils

A few push on blanks for sure.
Regarding long screw drivers Aldi do a set from time to time on d cheap. They must b near 2 ft long.
I always hav a roll of black bags for draining down things handy.
Really depends d kinda stuff you'll b up to

Had to replace a couple of vde screw drivers the other day after I made the mistake of lending them to a moron. In my searching for inexpensive replacements I came across 2 quality German made sets at reasonable prices 1 by a brand called Sora and the other by Athlet. Athlete made the screw drivers that CK used to brand as there own over here except if you buy the Athlet set its about £2 a driver cheaper.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yeah it was rented. I had a large shed in the...
Replies
Views
E
  • Question
Giving the plumbing up for good, been at it...
Replies
Views
EastLondonPlumb
E
I have a small pair of record stilsons...
Replies
Views
Clock-type radiator bleed key keep it on your...
Replies
Views
B
Hi Mate, I just recently qualified and am also...
Replies
Views
vincentsrus
V
Back