Tool thief killed by vigilanets ((UK) | Plumbing Tools | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tool thief killed by vigilanets ((UK) in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

Slightly off subject but wait till you hear this one We worked in a church on the quays in Dublin they broke in the security man and dog locked themselves in the priests room at the back they took stuff that was lying around shouted at him they would be back .they came back about a week later security man legged it they told him if he went into the back room they would burn it down so they got into the back room cleared out two steel joboxs and when foreman and lads arrived next morning no security or dog around so he went to check the tools both joboxs were locked when he went in so he thought at least tools still there .opened first one no tools .opened second one no tools either only a german shepard shaking and whimpering the bastards opened both boxes took everything put the dog in it and cleared off , we still cant figure out how they managed to open the boxes and lock them again I'd say the dog is still in therapy

opened both boxes took everything put the dog in it and cleared off , we still cant figure out how they managed to open the boxes and lock them again I'd say the dog is still in therapy

Did the 'security' man have a set of keys by any chance? Seems more like an 'inside' man to me.

No way did strangers get a German Shepherd guard dog into a box without help from its handler. Have you seen the ****ing teeth on those things?

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/a686c40ce8f745a992eb10fe793597ce/german-shepherd-erenj9.jpg

He had no keys and the dog was locked into the box I found it hard to believe only we were working on the job at the time constantly watching your tools ironic part is the children's court is about 500 yards away as regards the teeth have a shepard out my back as we speak always had them so I understand what your saying

Best one I heard was a man with a 2CV van. They broke in to his house, threw a load of things in the van, demanded the keys and tied the man up in a sleeping bag.
But the van had a security feature the thieves couldn't get around: a manual choke. Also, the 2CV gearstick is slightly unusual.
After various starting and stalling attempts (the van owner was, meanwhile, killing himself laughing), all went quiet. The owner eventually broke free from his sleeping bag to find his van (and contents) still parked outside the house. The thieves were nowhere to be seen.

Careful or I'll get offended ;) Citroen 2VC launched in 1948. Renault 4 came out many years later. Assuming the gear change is similar? Slide in and out, neutral is halfway out and twist and slide for other gears? I'm not giving away the details here, though: you'll have to kill me first :)
Good to meet someone else who's had a real car though!

renault-4-5.jpg

A bit of advice peeps.

The law says you are allowed to use reasonable force to defend yourself and that force must be proportionate. IF someone 'lunged' at you and you "feared for your life" then it is reasonable to stop them EVER being able to do that again...

Keep the statement simple. "Officer I was in fear of my life, he lunged at me" Nothing else otherwise you open the door... Let them prove otherwise.

God protect us from those who are supposed to protect us :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Over here you or your family has to be in danger before you can protect yourself o if your van is been robbed the law is ypu should let it as it can be replaced personally I think thats bullshit criminal has more protection then the owner the laws need to change

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would just ask them. Yes a bridge mixer is...
Replies
Views
True. Would have been fun otherwise - 5 zone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Thanks for your reply - softener is brand new...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
  • Question
'Have tried all off bar A, B, and C, so not...
Replies
Views
Back