Tool to siphon the last bit of water out of cistern | Plumbing Tools | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tool to siphon the last bit of water out of cistern in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

N

NGduffin

Hi, as the title says I'm looking for a tool, something like a hand pump, just to get the last bit of water out a cistern. I remember a plumber I worked with once had
a high pressure plunger like a big syringe so when submerged and the handle pulled it sucked water and held it. I wondered if any of the big diy stores sold them as I could do with one tomorrow.

Thanks all

Sponge is the easiest way. Flush the loo, and get ris of what you can, and use a sponge for the rest. Or the wet vac if you really can't spill a drop.

I tried the manometer tube method, and it takes ages.

flush toilet, disconnect all connections, lift toilet out and pour down toilet (if in rush and cant be bothered with wet vac)

dont take connection off as doesnt go in bucket, it leaks everywhere
dont use sponge or any other contraption as takes too long and never find it in van and it will break when rattling round the van!

flush toilet, disconnect all connections, lift toilet out and pour down toilet (if in rush and cant be bothered with wet vac)

dont take connection off as doesnt go in bucket, it leaks everywhere
dont use sponge or any other contraption as takes too long and never find it in van and it will break when rattling round the van!

I wouldn't be taking the cistern out to change the inlet valve, if it's the syphon then pouring it out is the way to go.

oh yeah, well if your good you cant get float valve out and new one in without removing all the water! as long as they havent siliconed it!
if its side float valve then u dont need to empty it!!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Do not try to reduce your water flush volume...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You might find it just needs a bit of use
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
Back