tools required for oil boiler servicing? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss tools required for oil boiler servicing? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
More to a service than the boiler/burner alone.

Agreed BUT. The op asked about just servicing the boiler

I'm just tryin to assist with the original question

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....and like I said there's more to an oil boiler service than just the boiler/burner itself. The manufacturers courses will deal with specific boilers and burners, but won't cover oil storage or oil supply. I would hate to think the op serviced a boiler based on a manufacturers course to be landed with a massive bill because he wasn't aware that it was his responsibilty to look at these items as well and didn't see the leaking oil line or split tank or that the split tank was a single skin tank sat on a drain.

Boys boys, calm down!

I just need to get the main tools required for now.

I have done the whole course and passed so i can do servicing & commissioning, installation of the tanks and pipelines, and vaporising appliances!!

Boys boys, calm down!

I just need to get the main tools required for now.

I have done the whole course and passed so i can do servicing & commissioning, installation of the tanks and pipelines, and vaporising appliances!!

Congratulations, now the fun begins.

i have a 200 psi air compressor gauge on the end of a hydraulic 1/4 hose about 40cm long with a 1/8 BSP male thread and a 1/8 to 1/4 BSP adapter for testing fuel pressure (£12). i use it on every job and find that fuel filter and nozzle relacements are the basics before the analyzers come out.... so important i keep an extra gauge in the van incase it fails !

also..13mm long reach socket and some others..
11mm rat sh%it ring
reillo fan puller
long nose pliers
molies

How did you guess!!!!?

190/240 - do you by any chance know what size nozzle it should be? I can't read the old one (which I put in!)

Forget the Riello fan puller - just get one of those long reach micro bearing pullers and it will pull off motor bearings too. Alternatively a winscreeen wiper puller will take off Riello fans.

How about putting this thread as a sticky as the question keeps coming up?

Last edited:
Just reading this thread with interest as I'm about to join the ranks of you greasy oil engineers. (well at the end of the month I am).

Noticed Croppie (where's he gone) mentioned a solenoid tester. Looked it up. Looks like a standard 'volt stick'.

Is it? Ta for any help. Danny.

Solenoid tester = screwdriver

This is a rough and ready test to see if it magnestizes against your screwdriver. (There's a proper voltage test too but I'm afraid I can't be bothered to go out to the van and look the values up in my book.)

What after you made my wife leave me.....go and look them up now. ;)

Doesn't matter, rough and ready suits me. I'm looking forward to the course, hoping I'll learn a bit.

I've seviced and installed in the past (got an Oftec guy to commision always). I think its time I registered despite it not being mandatory at the moment. Not cheap though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

So getting back to my original question, do...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
When replacing an old Certikin 180 oil pool...
Replies
Views
Sensocomfort with outside temp sensor. RF or...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back