Tundish on unvented cylinder. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tundish on unvented cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
"3.40 The safety and performance of an unvented system is dependent on the choice of system and safety devices appropriate for the location and correct installation of the system. Building owners and occupiers should therefore take care to choose installers who have the necessary skills to carry out this work. These skills can be demonstrated for example, by registration with a competent person scheme for his type of work or by the holding of a current registered operative skills certification card for unvented hot water systems."

I am posting this section of Building Regulation Part G 3 not for grahams (OP) benefit because people like him will not worry about breaking the Law in search for a profit.

It is posted for others who at a later date who may read through this post & think that somehow they are allowed to do as he does.

Last edited:
But he'll carry on thinking that he knows best and all we're trying to do is prop up the industry. I do hope that he realises that this thread is visible proof that he undertook work which he was not qualified to do and that should anything happen, God forbid, to his tenants he will be hung out to dry.

Skin flints like him ruin peoples lives.

Last edited:
He doesn't care he'll carry on. I wish we could find these people

oh and if he does come back and asks for this thread to be deleted, he will be sorely mistaken.

Prison cell is that what the kids are calling it these days

"I'm competent" and "can I fit a dog collar type thing" are contradictory
They do work and rent out properties, not acceptable to deem themselves competent, must be Gas Safe Registered for the gas work and G3 for the unvented
If you are so confident and competent post details of the gas engineer who inspects your work and confirm whether they sign it off (which is illegal)

Went to do a report for a customer on a poorly installed cylinder today:

D2 pointing straight out of the house so if it ever discharged a passerby would be scalded.
No tundish fitted
Expansion vessel attached on one side
2 port valve fitted backwards on the flow side, arrow pointing against direction of flow
Immersion not wired in
Cold water supply off 15mm pipe giving a total of 14 litres a minute
List goes on

I de-pressurised cylinder and turned off cold water supply. Advised customer not to use until problems were rectified. This is one of the many reasons why unvented cylinders have to be installed by a G3 qualified engineer. It was clearly put in by someone who didn't have a clue what they were doing and the danger they could put people in.

Simon,

Do you think I have nothing better to do than appease you. I have a photo and will post for you to pull apart at your leisure. I hope that all of you who post immediately after me are not charging your clients when you're not working but browsing on your phones.

His mam and dad must only let him have 15 minutes of internet at the same time each day.

Simon,

Do you think I have nothing better to do than appease you. I have a photo and will post for you to pull apart at your leisure. I hope that all of you who post immediately after me are not charging your clients when you're not working but browsing on your phones.
Not really the point though is it mate. You are the one that is flaunting the fact that you are illegally installing gas and unvented cylinders. And seem unable to see or are unwilling to admit that what you are doing is wrong. You have also ignored us asking why you deem yourself to be competent and why you think you are above the need to register with a body as we all have to. We spend a fortune on on our registrations etc only to see that undercut by people like you

Mr. Moderator, I find that your members seem to be intend on posting levels of personal comments that are nothing to do with plumbing, surely that must be against the forum rules of conduct ?

Simon,

Some people are good enough at their job to not have to toil for hours every day. Have you never heard of the term 'Work smart, not hard'?

When you do get around to posting a picture, it would be very nice to have a piece of paper next to it with your name on it. We've had many people on here using photos of the Internet. Not saying you would do that of course.

I'd also be very interested to see your building notification or benchmark certificate as well.

We've been wrong on here before and would like nothing better to see someone prove us wrong. Don't happen often mind.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

:dots:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sounds like perhaps the x needs changing. Get...
Replies
Views
Again, thanks for the tip. I can then speak...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Bit late to the party but.... Apart from...
Replies
Views
Back