turing of gravity hot water | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss turing of gravity hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Do most people tend to trust the gate valve on the cold feed to a hot water cylinder will turn off and back on again, when wanting to work on the hot pipework, swapping a bath tap no isos. Or turn the cold mains off and drain all tank.

When needing to plug a tank outlet, usually find it is hexagonal or internally ribbed so rubber bung is ineffective. What's needed is a mushroom shaped stopper where stem would locate in hole and dome could be pushed against outlet with length of plastic pipe braced off opposite wall of tank.

whenever I come across these ribbed ones I keep a lump of blutac which I use in a latex type glove to stop the hole

I won't trust a gate valve, half the time they don't shut fully anyway

It's true, I wouldn't trust either but it is what it is .. I would definitely turn it off on the gate valve ... it's 50% chance you will be lucky :) not long ago I wasn't as lucky and it snapped the gate valve luckily I had one to change it as well as a second gate valve was in the loft so wasn't too bad in the end

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Marley Equator Demount tool in 15mm seem to be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Are you sure the taps arnt off the mains as...
Replies
Views
Back