Two pumps on a heat only boiler quotation | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Two pumps on a heat only boiler quotation in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows

I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well

I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating of the hot water cylinder

What am I missing to trust thhis enginner? It a one pipe system with 3 inch steel pipework which is why this one is tricky

To change the boiler, install Vaillant magnetic filter.
✓ Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 438
✓ Vaillant horizontal flue
✓ Vaillant magnetic filter
✓ run new condense pipe to outside
✓ reconfigure pipework for hydronic separation
✓ install new Grundfoss 15-60 pump for boiler
✓ install new Grundfoss 25- 100 pump for heating system
✓ system inhibitor
✓ Registration of the new boiler with Gas Safe
✓ Registration of the boiler with Vaillant
✓ 10-year warranty with Vaillant (annual service required)
TOTAL : £5000 plus VAT
ADDITIONAL:
Should we be able to separate hot water and heating, we will need to add the
following
✓ 2x 28mm Honeywell zone valves
✓ Vaillant wired weather compensation sensor
✓ Vaillant load compensation SensoHOME room thermostat
✓ Vaillant wiring center.
✓ Re wire your heating system for new controls
✓ Registration of the boiler controls with Vaillant
✓ 10 years warranty on the controls
TOTAL: £850 plus VAT

Condensing boilers don’t really like one pipe systems also won’t run the same as you have will be cooler hence why he’s put on a low loss header and two pumps one for the heating from the header and one for the boiler

Tbh it’s a big expense but I would re pipe and new rads etc

It seems a shame that a commercial sized heating system (3 inch steel pipework) is going to come out and be replaaced with 22mm plastic for a repipe - Quite apart from the hassle of all floors up

Is there any benefit in keeping a one pipe system which works with a floor standing boiler and useing the wide pipework I have at the moment ?

It seems a shame that a commercial sized heating system (3 inch steel pipework) is going to come out and be replaaced with 22mm plastic for a repipe - Quite apart from the hassle of all floors up

Is there any benefit in keeping a one pipe system which works with a floor standing boiler and useing the wide pipework I have at the moment ?

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp (if you have to thread through joists) a lot better than plastic and less crap in the system from the steelside

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
Pump/feed/expansion are piped/in wrong...
Replies
Views
Thanks Chuck. It sounds like a person was...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back