UFH boiler sizing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss UFH boiler sizing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fd3typer2

Hi,

I'm fitting up a house with UFH, Vaillant and a Unistore unvented cylinder. Couple of questions.

1. The property is 180m2, and they need want a 310litre unistor unvented. Allowing for 100W per sqm, 18KW, and 1kw per 50litres for the tank , it comes up bang on 24kw. Should I recommend the Ecotec 624 or 630?

2. What's the benefit of using the Vaillant Unistor + Ecotec boiler combo, as opposed to an Ecotec with 'other brand' good quality cylinder?

3. Towel rads will be needed. What's preferred, loop them in to the UFH piping, or put them on a zone/zones on an s-plan/s-plan+?

Not sure how much this will affect the situation re the boiler sizing but some other points:
-Whole house MVHR system will be fitted.

-15m2 of the house is conservatory, 30m2 is converted detached garage joined to the property, all heavily insulated up to or over to building regs, but 3 outside walls.

-dead pipes will be run to some of the larger downstairs rooms in case rads need to be added in the future should the UFH be inadequate or impractical.

Many thanks

40w/sqm if to current regs if MVHR fitted its probably a lot less, maybe 30w

So you mean the ufh heat output is calculated at 40w/m2 when taking into account the mvhr. ie. 180x40w, 7.2kw?

Hi. Thanks, so it seems I should be recommending an ecotec 615!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Hi, Did you find a solution as we are also...
Replies
Views
Venkat
V
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
If you time the hot water to reheat when no...
Replies
Views
Back