ufh pipe de-coiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ufh pipe de-coiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phil111188

Does anyone know where i can pick up a pipe decoiler mainly for use in ufh as im getting a few of these at the minute and it makes the job 10x easier. Used them before at last company and asked at my merchants and even the rep for the ufh company i use and no joy

Failing that hefty price tag you could try making one. If your into that kinda thing. I made my own solar fill pump after seeing the prices of em online!

why are solar fill pumps so expensive? I made mine form a wheely bin and a clarkes pump.

why are solar fill pumps so expensive? I made mine form a wheely bin and a clarkes pump.

I used a Clarke pump too =] .. I guess they just want to charge for the luxury. My previous firm had a fill pump for ground source heat pumps, that was a huge wheelie bin with big old pump strapped to the bottom.

i know i found some online too but like you say the price was putting me off , for what they are.

I may indeed have a go at making 1 i could probably afford to get it wrong 15+times for what the online ones cost:winkiss:

ive done a couple of underfloor jobs found you have to walk around with the coil on your shoulder and you must turn the reel rather than letting it pull of it gets hard when you get to the end of a run and want to turn round as you have to turn the reel over and round at the same time not bad in a big room but can be tricky in a toilet

yeah steve whatever way you look at it i think underfloor heating is a lot easier with 2 men but i unfortunately dont have that luxury on this job , maybe i can rope the builder into helping as they do bugger all anyway :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think you meant a 4 core isolator, but you...
Replies
Views
Yep, didn't notice that, looks like that's the...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Back