UFH Problems - pipes hot even though Thermostats are off | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss UFH Problems - pipes hot even though Thermostats are off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hope you can help.

We have had a problem with our UFH which was ultimately traced to an electrical issue. We have had a new electrical control unit installed and all seemed okay (we had heat!) although we haven't been able to control the heat. The rooms that the pipes run through from the boiler to the manifold are pumping heat out uncontrollably.

I have turned all the thermostats off (a couple of days ago) and all the heads on the valves are down. The pipes to the manifold are all hot but there is no heat going to each room (as the valves are shut and the pump is dormant).

I'm struggling to get my head around why the boiler is pumping heat to the manifold if there is no demand? Could this be a fault with the UFH valve at the boiler (which is open despite there being no demand)? I say open as the pipe is hot both before and after the valve.

Hope you can help.

Haaz

I would say wired wrongly if it's still wanting heat

Similar plumbing topics

As part of deep house renovation, planning to...
Replies
Views
Yes - the recommendation above is accurate for...
Replies
Views
Each manifold will have it's own pump and TMV...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
The temperature you need for the UFH will be...
Replies
Views
Back