UKPF Teeshirts | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Ray Stafford
  • Start date
  • Replies 104
  • Views 1K

Discuss UKPF Teeshirts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will they be available to short and phat, tall and thin? Or just models?

Will they be available to short and phat, tall and thin? Or just models?

If we go with the "shotdeadinthehead" one shown in the OP, then you have the entire range of their clothing that it can be printed on.

I just had a return email from them saying "would love to work with you, absolutely mental at the moment with Xmas work-load, can we talk in the new year?"

Since I also have my hands full at the moment, I was happy to grasp at that delaying straw. :)

Look I think we are going off 1/2 mt cock - UKPF should be a brand
and special membership should be a priviledge paid back by things such as

1. The university idea spot on bod
2. van stickers ideal
3. tee shirts and fleece ideal (pun)
4. suppliers extra discount with a UKPF card - sorry ray ! ur cheap enough anyway

However dealing with homeowners problems is the main point we must focus on

That my input - where is the site owners input - never seen a post by him or them

CHK

Why have you got your hands full of straw Ray ? CHK
If we go with the "shotdeadinthehead" one shown in the OP, then you have the entire range of their clothing that it can be printed on.

I just had a return email from them saying "would love to work with you, absolutely mental at the moment with Xmas work-load, can we talk in the new year?"

Since I also have my hands full at the moment, I was happy to grasp at that delaying straw. :)

where is the site owners input - never seen a post by him or them
CHK

Dan's email to me said more or less "Do whatever you fancy" and made it clear that he wasn't looking to make any money out of it.

I think that there are a couple of different approaches.

1) The forum is a community where people who share a trade can swap advice, stories and have a laugh

2) The forum is a valuable business tool, with brand equity and value in its own right and really quite cosmic google rankings for certain search terms

I can see a bit of both. Obviously when I am in sponsor mode, I am thinking more of no 2). The honest truth though is that the business angle wouldn't be enough to keep me here. If it was just about business, I could pay Dan for banner ads, and buy all your personal email addresses from CIPHE or GasSafe. :)

I think the forum has more value as a community than as a business, and that many of the business benefits that it has are actually a side-effect of the community element, not the other way around.

But thats just my view - one amongst many.

Considering I'm not a plumber and don't actively moderate the forum myself (because I'm not a plumber and are prone to 'getting it wrong'), I tend to stay out of most things on here to be honest.

It's your forum so you guys organise whatever it is you want on here.

Ways I can help are to perhaps stick a notice up once there's a thread explaining where to get one, and perhaps doing a mass email to the forum about it, that sort of Jazz.

When it comes to t's design etc though, I'd much rather you lot contribute to it than me.

Ray your reply is so balanced - I will go with whatever you want to do mate CHK
Dan's email to me said more or less "Do whatever you fancy" and made it clear that he wasn't looking to make any money out of it.

I think that there are a couple of different approaches.

1) The forum is a community where people who share a trade can swap advice, stories and have a laugh

2) The forum is a valuable business tool, with brand equity and value in its own right and really quite cosmic google rankings for certain search terms

I can see a bit of both. Obviously when I am in sponsor mode, I am thinking more of no 2). The honest truth though is that the business angle wouldn't be enough to keep me here. If it was just about business, I could pay Dan for banner ads, and buy all your personal email addresses from CIPHE or GasSafe. :)

I think the forum has more value as a community than as a business, and that many of the business benefits that it has are actually a side-effect of the community element, not the other way around.

But thats just my view - one amongst many.

Hi Dan its really good that we are all so positive about UKPF - i really like all aspects of the site
and have made many friends on here and had lots of fun. It is just i think there is so much more that can be arranged around the site WITHOUT looosing the lovely things like practical help and mutual support and as you own it we should always involve you Rob Foster CHK(i
Considering I'm not a plumber and don't actively moderate the forum myself (because I'm not a plumber and are prone to 'getting it wrong'), I tend to stay out of most things on here to be honest.

It's your forum so you guys organise whatever it is you want on here.

Ways I can help are to perhaps stick a notice up once there's a thread explaining where to get one, and perhaps doing a mass email to the forum about it, that sort of Jazz.

When it comes to t's design etc though, I'd much rather you lot contribute to it than me.

Ray since 1991 when climbing over a spiked metal railing to access a property and I slipped
and had to go to hospital for a rectal examination - I do not sit on fences CHK
Its called sitting on the fence CHK!

Lets see that other people think.

hmm i agree with ray but i think the educational aspect far outweighs the business or social aspects !!

unless you're tamz then its teaching !

I have played with bigger ones in my past CHK Originally Posted by REDSAW

Your own don't count!

Sorry to say, I still haven't done anything about this.

To be honest, every week since just after Christmas, I have been bouncing it forward in my diary. Things are pretty busy at the moment, and its unlikely to reach the top of my pile for months.

Is there a forum member who has a bit of time on their hands who might take it forward? PM me if interested.

best regards

Ray

XL please

Attachments

• How dare she.jpg
    How dare she.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Mine is 35 years old and the system doesn't...
Replies
Views
Well done Shaun
Replies
Views
After his wife overheard the conversation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Or keep a couple of 3/4" union valves in the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not normally new shower body
Replies
Views
Back