Unable to fit DIY pipes bought from Canada | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unable to fit DIY pipes bought from Canada in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

M

masaw

Hi Guys,

I bought a bidet from Canada which can be fitted over the toilet stool. The problems is that the pipes that cAme with it, I found out later, are in north american measures.

The main problom is fitting the "Adapter" shown in the attached diagram and picture:-
Canadian adapter diagram.jpgCanadian adapter picture.jpg
between the 22 mm pipes under the washing basin.

Cold Water under basin 22 mm pipes.jpgPicture of British underbasin cold water pipe with a ruler.jpg

I would greatly appreciate help with this regards.

Best wishes

Matthew

Hi mathew,

Where in the country are you? Ther'll most likely be a merchants in your area who can help get the adaptors you need! Up here in Newcastle I'd be consulting a firm called Crosslings, Not sure if they're national or not?

Thanks diamondagas,

I'm in Kent, Whitstable. I have been to few merchants in an industrial park and they were unable to help me.

Maybe someone down your way will give you some advice mate :) I supose you've checked out the manufacturers website for suppliers in UK? Gave them a call? Just a couple of obvious roads no doubt you've been down? :)

Could always fit a couple of double check valves tho.

How irresponsible of you.

That is a total unacceptable way of making an item "legal"

This is not the way to make it legit. And should never be done

Why would you want this thing from Canada ? What do you mean it fits over stool ? do you mean it some how clips around wc bowl, This sounds totely illegal and you could leave yourself open to prosecution by local water board.

Similar plumbing topics

It's not a rain gutter pipe it's a rainwater...
Replies
Views
As a young man i installed a lot of one pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Re: Sludge flush failure DIY resolution (or...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Re: Need advice (or have i broken something) -...
Replies
Views
Timbob
T
Back