Unable to re-pressurise boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unable to re-pressurise boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I'm trying to repressurise my Potterton Promax Boiler as the pressure reading is fairly low at 1 bar. I've read the instruction manual, which says I need to use the filling loop under the boiler. Unfortunately, there isn't a filling loop on the underside of the boiler and no braid attached either, see photo.
I've looked in the hot water cylinder cupboard where there are three black valves. In the photo attached, valves 1 & 2 are the same type, valve 3 is different. Valves 1 & 3 are on both ends of the braid, valve 1 will turn, valve 3 will not.
I have tried turning just valve 1 but nothing happens. When valve 2 is turned water spray comes out.
Any ideas how I re-pressurise my Boiler?
DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

sketch-1578862261750.jpg

3 will open maybe stiff but it will note it will only open one way so have a look

so open 3 all the way then slowly open 1 no more than 1/3 or a turn while keeping an eye on the pressure gauge on your right when it hits around 1.2 shut 1 and then 3

Similar plumbing topics

Worked a charm, thanks a lot Shaun!
Replies
Views
P
To flow and return valves? You need a filling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
Back