Under floor heating-pricing | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Under floor heating-pricing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is £1700 too little for UFH ? Labour only, cust is supplying materials, builder is preparing floor and screeding over it afterwards... I'm laying pipe-overlay / LoPro max system... Area approx is F Room 8x3.5m plus hallway 5x1.5m and kitchen 4x 5m, it's mostly open plan apart from the hall.
I'm just about getting to grips with estimating with all the different different jobs and now I get this!
:001_9898: WILL the plumbing GOD ever give me a break? I spend so much time researching, trying to find out how much stuff costs, where I can get it and how long i will take to install it...and then i get a curve ball. But on wards.....
I estimate it'll be 3/4 days if I include testing and setting up the manifold. I have done this work before, working for someone else, so never got involved in the pricing side!! I'm in LONDON :blush5:

Thanks for any advice in advance

Surely testing and setting up the manifold is normal practice anyway? And even with that it's only half a day if that combined. Best thing to do is, if you think it will take 4 days. Calculate how much you would realistically want a day and multiply by 4 and then add maybe 20-30% as insurance.

Is it just the underfloor or is that involving running flow and return pipe work to the manifold and wiring etc?

I wouldn't expect just laying the pipe and filling to take longer than a day. If you can get £1700 for that, I'll do your next one for £1000 and you an sit at home and make an easy £700.

Is it just the underfloor or is that involving running flow and return pipe work to the manifold and wiring etc?/QUOTE]

Running a new flow and return, to boiler and manifold but not the wiring- cust has his own sparky.
So you think it's too much then?

Surely testing and setting up the manifold is normal practice anyway? And even with that it's only half a day if that combined. Best thing to do is, if you think it will take 4 days. Calculate how much you would realistically want a day and multiply by 4 and then add maybe 20-30% as insurance.
Of course it includes testing and setting up manifold, it's just that i wasn't sure how long to estimate for everything. It's different when there's a site manger to organize things, that's all.

Cheers guys for all the advice and pointers...:star::star::star::star::star:

Is it just the underfloor or is that involving running flow and return pipe work to the manifold and wiring etc?/QUOTE]

Running a new flow and return, to boiler and manifold but not the wiring- cust has his own sparky.
So you think it's too much then?
Depends on the pipe run really to the boiler.

The underfloor side of things is a days work either on your own with the right equipment or with a mate to help with laying the pipe. No idea on London prices, my offer still stands ;-)

I'm just outside London and I personally
think that would take 3 days max. Although I do have the pipe wheel and clipper so that speeds things up! I personally would go in at around £900. £1700 sounds more like supply and fit to me

Just tickled me when I saw the expression of size.

My eldest daughter nearly knuckle dustered me before her 6th form exams lol

Had an in depth discussion of 10 square metre versus 10 metre square.

Shes of the modern generation that "they are both the same thing" lol

She creased me up :rolleyes:

Just the u/floor (so excludes primaries to the manifold) I can sub it out and get it designed, supplied and installed including screeds, manifolds, tested, controls etc etc for around £20 / m2 day in day out, and we are not in a particularly competitive location.

So that would be £1100 all in for your job....

We have to wire and configure the controls, and plumb the primary feeds to the mainfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Honeywell Evohome best solution. Far superior...
Replies
Views
Drilling joists is very rare and absolutely...
Replies
Views
You could always buy a FLIR or the add on for...
Replies
Views
Thanks everyone for your helpfull info .
Replies
Views
Plumber Dom, Don't start second guessing...
Replies
Views
Back