Underground drainage advice please. | Ground Sourced Heat Pumps | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underground drainage advice please. in the Ground Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

With regards to the manhole and what fittings etc. to use, in my experience it will save you a lot of aggro if you can get the building inspector out and go through it with him first. In theory they all work to the same rule book but in practise they all have their own ideas and some can be much harder to please than others.
Get the guy (or girl) out and get them to agree exactly what they'll be happy with, then you know your not going to have any issues with it.

With regards to the manhole and what fittings etc. to use, in my experience it will save you a lot of aggro if you can get the building inspector out and go through it with him first. In theory they all work to the same rule book but in practise they all have their own ideas and some can be much harder to please than others.
Get the guy (or girl) out and get them to agree exactly what they'll be happy with, then you know your not going to have any issues with it.

Hi Mate and thanks for the reply.

The thing is, I believe every time they come out they charge you don't they?

Can someone explain to me what this refers to as a suitable material?

Screenshot_20190528-181024_Drive.jpg

Can I sift the soil through a 10mm sieve and that will be fine?

The manuals for these pipes say the trench needs to be pipe diameter plus 300mm. In some places it is impossible to achieve this due to foundations and other pipes etc.

20190528_165437.jpg

20190528_165410.jpg

20190528_165422.jpg

So all the worry over nothing really. The building inspector came to inspect and really was not fussed at looking at the pipe before it was buried. He didn't I had to put in a 45 underground which he did not like. Made me change it for a 90 which I thought was strange.

I had a labourer turn up on the 1st day to dig the trench, he couldn't come in to backfil due to sore hands and back. I called another one who said he was just around the corner on the bus and he never and showed up and then a 3rd one who was on his way never made it. You just cannot get the staff!

Strange thing, I have never had a leak on a solvent weld fitting and I had 2 tiny weeps on two fittings. Strange.

When digging your trenches make sure that they adhere to building regulations, which means that the top of the pipes must be at least 300m deeper than ground level.

Similar plumbing topics

G
Need to remove the boxing could be a bad boss...
Replies
Views
Should have it done in a day. If you’re a bit...
Replies
Views
Having a Jimmy Saville moment then Ray?
Replies
Views
if the cylinder is the highest point it may be...
Replies
Views
Back