Underground hot water feed pipe. | Ground Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underground hot water feed pipe. in the Ground Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover with a plastic sheet and then screet on top. I called out my gas boiler cover to make a permanent repair. The company they sent out have said it is against building regulations to have copper pipe under concrete and they can't do the repair. Is this correct and where can i find this law? All i can find is long as the pipes are covered or instalated it's fine.
Thanks

So it states below: My pipes are covered in plastic sheet so I should get back in touch with them to complete the repair.

Pipes under floor screeds should, where necessary, be protected by wrapping or ducting. Allowance should be made for thermal expansion, especially at changes of direction.

Exactly and I bet they will say it’s not covered under the insurance

Similar plumbing topics

Anyone help with above questions?
Replies
Views
C
Do you have a water meter? If so, you can use...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There were two 'classes' of alkathene black...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
Back