Unvented course | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented course in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

J

jase158

Hi All,
got m unvented course tommorow, any pointers or advice or questions, much appreciated.

I know very little except that it is a 1 day course.

Is there an exam at end? is it easy or hard? do you know straight away if you pass / fail?

1/2 a day ish of theory and then a multiple choice exam at the end when i did mine again three weeks ago. If you have done it before then maybe not as long on the theory

Mine cost me £175 which i did via the Vokera training centre in Bradford and was the logic certification body. Make sure that you have read your book before especially if you are not fully up to speed with them.

think its 70 percent to pass ( might be 80? )
main focus is on safety,
for the practical exam checking the faults on the cylinders, look out for miss matched components from different manufacturers. obvious issues, wrong fitting/materials.

think its 70 percent to pass ( might be 80? )
main focus is on safety,
for the practical exam checking the faults on the cylinders, look out for miss matched components from different manufacturers. obvious issues, wrong fitting/materials.
Pass rate for mine was now 100% which made my backsde drop out when i was told on arrival

Have you had the training manual & looked through it ? Can you do the calculations ?
If it is a BPEC course then it will be an open book built-choise first followed by 4 calculations of the D2 pipe work & a name the components in the picture. Last it is a visual inspection of a faulty installation with a bit on commissioning & maintenance. It all sounds worse than it is.
Have you worked on them before ? (you can tell me, there is no one else looking or listening, LOL, most people do before going legal) Is there anythings you are not sure about?

Have you had the training manual & looked through it ? Can you do the calculations ?
If it is a BPEC course then it will be an open book built-choise first followed by 4 calculations of the D2 pipe work & a name the components in the picture. Last it is a visual inspection of a faulty installation with a bit on commissioning & maintenance. It all sounds worse than it is.
Have you worked on them before ? (you can tell me, there is no one else looking or listening, LOL, most people do before going legal) Is there anythings you are not sure about?

that doesnt sound too bad, No I have never done work directly on them, I have flushed systems that had unvented tickets. And seen many. but never done any directly

looked through manual and I am very good at maths, will look through again tonight as not sure which calculations you are on about, read it about 2 weeks ago

It's not too bad jase. If there's anything you don't know ask. Ask as many questions as you want to. Take your time and read the questions carefully. No bonus points for being first out the door. Good luck mate.

is that on the multi choice?
must have changed
Yes on the multiple choice - i was shocked as i didn't remember it being so high last time i took it and to make it worse i was the only one on the course which felt a bit daunting with all his focus on me.

VALVE OUTLET SIZE
MINIMUM SIZE OF DISCHARGE PIPE D1
MINIMUM SIZE OF DISCHARGE PIPE D2 FROM TUNDISH
MAXIMUM RESISTANCE ALLOWED, EXPRESSED AS A LENGTH OF STRAIGHT PIPE (I.E. NO ELBOWS OR BENDS
RESISTANCE CREATED BY EACH ELBOW OR BEND
G 1/2
15MM
22mm 28mm 35mm
UP TO 9M UP TO 18M UP TO 27M
0.8M 1.0M 1.4M
G 3/4
22MM
28mm 35mm 42mm
1.0M 1.4M 1.7M
G1
28MM
35mm 42mm 54mm
1.4M 1.7M 2.3M
9 metre rule

VALVE OUTLET SIZE
MINIMUM SIZE OF DISCHARGE PIPE D1
MINIMUM SIZE OF DISCHARGE PIPE D2 FROM TUNDISH
MAXIMUM RESISTANCE ALLOWED, EXPRESSED AS A LENGTH OF STRAIGHT PIPE (I.E. NO ELBOWS OR BENDS
RESISTANCE CREATED BY EACH ELBOW OR BEND
G 1/2
15MM
22mm 28mm 35mm
0.8M 1.0M 1.4M
G 3/4
22MM
28mm 35mm 42mm
1.0M 1.4M 1.7M
G1
28MM
35mm 42mm 54mm
1.4M 1.7M 2.3M
9 metre rule

oh yeah, cheers, will go through these tonight

Similar plumbing topics

It’s more of a thing in commercial eg dead...
Replies
Views
6035 is the diploma, 6189 is the NVQ. 9189 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I’m hoping I find some luck here, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions on...
Replies
Views
S
I just moved into a house with an ACV Heat...
Replies
Views
Sam007
S
Back