unvented cylinders on gas safe card | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss unvented cylinders on gas safe card in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my opinion all these tickets you need and having to sit them every five years is only going to make the legitimate company's more expensive and give the fly bye nights and unqualified more chance.
I can see it coming eventually they will want a ticket to install hot water a ticket to do drainage a ticket for every part of plumbing.
I am fed up doing courses as it is and certainly dont want to do water byelaws again when you pass your plumbing you have proved you already have the knowledge to work on water pipes why water byelaws? defo money making exercise

it is ridiculous the amount of stuff we get shafted with compared to other trades, spoke to a joiner today where his PLI is much much much cheaper than mine

you dont need energy efficiency in scotland is this not where you train?

I had to get it for a company I was working for previously, I didn't know it expires next year..

I had to get it for a company I was working for previously, I didn't know it expires next year..

are you going to bother resiting it? if you dont need it why resit it you are sort of paying for nothing as know one asks for it and i mean know one.

would make sense if energy efficiency was linked to solar but i honestly dont think this is the case up here probably should be though.
the general feeling among installers is that energy efficiency is a waste of time until it is required up here.
solar is expensive anyway very few getting it done.

I have never had any problems without energy efficiency

unless energy efficiency is included at college, because that is what we worked on new worcesters

yes i only fit energy efficient boilers what i mean is the energy efficient course

spoke to gas safe, they told me to scan jib card front and back and send it to them, ive done that now so think they'll update it for me

they charging you to update your gs card with g3 mate ?

few years ago snipef were wanting £45 for a CSCS card, phoned corgi and they updated my card with with the H&S qual for £10.

they charging you to update your gs card with g3 mate ?

few years ago snipef were wanting £45 for a CSCS card, phoned corgi and they updated my card with with the H&S qual for £10.

its £12 for a new card:p so doubt I will be doing it

kirkgas:

"where did your mate do solar? "

cardonald college, but I'm not sure if energy efficiency is coverd in college nowadays as that is pretty much what we had in the workshops HE boilers etc

its £12 for a new card:p so doubt I will be doing it

kirkgas:

"where did your mate do solar? "

cardonald college, but I'm not sure if energy efficiency is coverd in college nowadays as that is pretty much what we had in the workshops HE boilers etc

are you getting confused between working on he boilers and actually having the energy efficient qual

as i said im not sure, i know of the energy efficiency course but i know my friend hasnt done it and has done solar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Partly insurance but mainly because 'you' are...
Replies
Views
Finally got an update from him. He cant do the...
Replies
Views
It can be hard to get experience...
Replies
Views
Outside of using a gas-safe LPG engineer, do I...
Replies
Views
Back