Unvented Cylinders | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented Cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris F

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
One of the places I contract too has a building with 32 unvented cylinders, I noticed they havnt been touched since they were installed 3 years ago, I told them they need to be serviced so they asked me if I could do it to which I replied "of course I can " so the same afternoon I booked myself on an unvented course that I am due to do on Monday. :) couldnt let that one pass me by.
What do you guys charge roughly for servicing an unvented cylinder? I'm not sure what to charge.

Cheers for any ideas

Get a defects pad bet there will be a few 7m d1 microbore d2 and a few missing Eco and no lagging . Get reign pump too. 48plus for just the cylinder £70 odd if boiler too

Depending on how far they are away from home I usually charge around 45 quid.
But the first service you do is the one to be carefull with I.e sorting any faults.
Give them a price for the service plus any faults you may find. After that they are dead easy.
What cylinders are they ?

Yeah mate I just read the brochure :-( so much for in and out. At least they are all in the same building

If they have been installed by someone that knows what their on with everything accessible and revelent isolation you'll be laughing.

Get a defects pad bet there will be a few 7m d1 microbore d2 and a few missing Eco and no lagging . Get reign pump too. 48plus for just the cylinder £70 odd if boiler too

I have the foot pump great things but b4 i bought it i thought id be smart and i bought a battery operated gun with a pressure gauge (rothenberger) cant remember what i paid for it but the foot pumps far better, great with the long hose aswell,,

Too cheap ermi I charge 70 for a cylinder service.

@kris I have got that rothenberger one too :)

Hey Chris there ok but the short lead and its loud also the guage isnt the best because its a wide variation , but still ok bit of kit , do you use yours or do u have pump aswell?

Yeh mines just a "saftey check" fga and I'm away......corse u can fga a megaflow
A quick twiddle of the discharge valve heads and off to maccie d's for 3 double cheese burgers and a milkshake while you fill out the form?

Thats what I do, still 70 quid tho :D

I love the business model. Do u have any plans for variations of your core strategy? I love a good BK .

I love the business model. Do u have any plans for variations of your core strategy? I love a good BK .
Tbh ermi any of the high street fast food chains are acceptable apart from subway! The only thing that is absolutely set in stone is five mins on the job and the price.

My particular business model applies to all of the many thousand employees I have and has been in force since I became the owner of British gas after de-privatisation.

We also service boilers by driving down your street with the fga probe hanging out the window on the way for a few burgers and fill out a form after a uv cylinder safety check.

Im looking to sell ph jones off to a suitable franchisee for seventy seven squillion dollars on the open market. But you can buy in for seventy six if interested?

Drain a little or a lot it's still means getting the hose out!
Or open the lowest hot tap as the megaflo suggests.
When you g3 guys fit unvented do you put an issolater in before the exp vessels assuming its not also issolating the prv? Would make checking precharge easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
Depends if it’s a serviceable item I don’t...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This is a follow up posting. Now have the...
Replies
Views
Yes and if they do it has failed your test and...
Replies
Views
Back