Unvented G3 - D2 discharge pipe in plastic | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented G3 - D2 discharge pipe in plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmritPedersen

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi All.

Normally, I use copper for an unvented discharge pipe, however, I'm currently working on a property refurbishment of 5 small flats over 5 floors & copper isn't a practical solution. The spec requires Ariston Europrisma undersink water heaters with separate electric showers.

So, what I'm asking is:

A) From my last G3 re-qualification the instructor said that Hep2O & Speedfit are polybutalene & cross-linked polyethylene pipe (as per G3: 3.60c). Can anyone please confirm this.

B) I see in other postings on this site that ABS pipe is acceptable for D2, but don't see it in the G3 doc. Can someone give me the reference, please?

C) Any tips/issues/experiences of fitting plastic D2 pipe would be greatly appreciated, too.

Thanks, Amrit

i would speak to the manufacturer's to confirm the suitability.

abs can not be used, most pushfit can but again confirm with the manufacturer or the products data sheet.

confirm that the internal waste system can cope with the temps, fit a hepvo valves as per instructions and speak to local building control to get approval that they are happy with the way its being done.

discharge should have its own pipe and not connect to other waste branches.

Thanks AWheating.

Can you or anyone else suggest manufacturers & products suitable for D2 wastes in plastic. My local Plumbase hasn't a clue.

I've seen a few D2 installations with solvent welded ordinary pipework but never one with pushfit. Can this be an area where everyone either knowingly or unknowingly does it incorrectly as its too much trouble to source the correct kit?

done incorrectly i would guess, not really a lack of materials source just a lack of knowledge.

polypipe push fit is suitable from memory. (polypropylene). i believe you can get a data sheet from there website or direct from them stating its max working temp. If you email them they are very quick to reply with technical/design questions in my experience.

i must state other makes are available :)

Thanks AWheating.

Can you or anyone else suggest manufacturers & products suitable for D2 wastes in plastic. My local Plumbase hasn't a clue.

I've seen a few D2 installations with solvent welded ordinary pipework but never one with pushfit. Can this be an area where everyone either knowingly or unknowingly does it incorrectly as its too much trouble to source the correct kit?
Knowing or unknowing does not really matter it is still wrong, un-like you a lot of plumbers just can't be bum'ed to find out, I recon at least 75-80% of all install I see aren't correct.
If Plumbase can't sort you out nip down to B&Q <£2.00 a length for pushfit PB.

Hi AW

Thats me jumping up & down saying "Me, me! I'm ignorant!" Thanks for the info. I feel less ignorant now

I'm a bit concerned about the lack of responses. Either everyone knows this stuff & I'm the only one who doesn't know & they are too kind to laugh at me or no one really feels confident talking about this issue.

Hi AW

Thats me jumping up & down saying "Me, me! I'm ignorant!" Thanks for the info. I feel less ignorant now

I'm a bit concerned about the lack of responses. Either everyone knows this stuff & I'm the only one who doesn't know & they are too kind to laugh at me or no one really feels confident talking about this issue.

its cus they are all busy april fooling there family members. :)

also i would add that you have bother'd to ask the question so you can work correctly in the future. We all make mistakes and are all learning all the time. One of the great things about this forum is you are improving your knowledge and standards without knowing it alot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
They are guidelines and advice for pipe sizes...
Replies
Views
I think I've just worked out something that...
Replies
Views
V
ive seen bg fit vaillant combi with condense...
Replies
Views
buckley plumb
B
T
Thanks Best , there is a gully with a cast...
Replies
Views
timmytank
T
Back