Unvented wiring . | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented wiring . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Isn't as simple as that unfortunately. As the HW Stat on a 3 port fires the boiler when it's just HW only. If the heating was running on the 3 port (So Live on the Orange wire on the 3 port) , it would back feed and hold the HW 2 port valve open. Therefore defeating the object of a thermal cut out.

how would it as the 3 port wouldnt be wired to the stat

As the HW Stat is wired to fire the boiler (HW on to Common on stat, then 1 to S/L on boiler). Then the Orange wire for CH only on the 3 port is wired into the boiler at the same terminal (So your S/L on the boiler). So when you wire your additional 2 port into the 1 terminal on the HW stat (So that the 2 port closes when the stat breaks) if there is still a feed on the S/L to the boiler from the heating side the 2 port valve would still have a live feed and stay open.

As the HW Stat is wired to fire the boiler (HW on to Common on stat, then 1 to S/L on boiler). Then the Orange wire for CH only on the 3 port is wired into the boiler at the same terminal (So your S/L on the boiler). So when you wire your additional 2 port into the 1 terminal on the HW stat (So that the 2 port closes when the stat breaks) if there is still a feed on the S/L to the boiler from the heating side the 2 port valve would still have a live feed and stay open.

no it wouldnt

perm live to stat in

stat out to brown eg port valve open

neutral and earth the same done

Yeah, and the stat out also would have to go to boiler S/L. So if your S/L on the boiler is live from another source, so the heating. The valve would still be live and hold open.

No not with a safety stat 3 port doesn’t get wired to the stat

Every unvented manufacturer will provide a wiring diagram in their instructions for the use of the 3 port mid position valve & the required 2 port that must be installed with it. This is required as under fault conditions there could be an open pathway from the heat source to the cylinder allowing the cylinder temperature to go above 100deg C.

The only exception to this, to my knowledge, is Vaillant who applied & got a dispensation so long as their boiler & cylinders are used together as a package.
Megaflo one below Jon, whats the cylinder?
Y Plan unvented wiring .png

Every unvented manufacturer will provide a wiring diagram in their instructions for the use of the 3 port mid position valve & the required 2 port that must be installed with it. This is required as under fault conditions there could be an open pathway from the heat source to the cylinder allowing the cylinder temperature to go above 100deg C.

The only exception to this, to my knowledge, is Vaillant who applied & got a dispensation so long as their boiler & cylinders are used together as a package.
Megaflo one below Jon, whats the cylinder?
View attachment 38257

I didnt know about the Vaillant Chris , as far as I knew it was only Viessmann, on the 200’s its just a probe that plugs in to the board and the other end goes into the stat pocket .
Cylinder isn't chosen yet for this job yet , she will leave it up to me . Its just a shame the boilers a mile away from the cylinder .

Similar plumbing topics

Yes the stat is a dual stat. You can see it at...
Replies
Views
Here's the diagram you need.
Replies
Views
Just a thought, Check the orange cable from...
Replies
Views
I just spoke to Potterton / BAXI support and...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
THANks think I found the same one but for a nest
Replies
Views
Back