Vaillant Boilers, Nest and Opentherm | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Boilers, Nest and Opentherm in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Won’t work as you can’t use ebus and on off at the same time

Thanks, so in other words the ebus has priority over both the 24v and 230v thermostat switches?

The only reason I was thinking it might be the other way round was the need to install the jumper wires on the other terminals when using the ebus. I.e Why do you need the jumper wires?

I was thinking that using the nest to replace a jumper wire would allow it to override the ebus until the nest demanded heat. When the nest is demanding the jumper wire would be back in place and the ebus would back in control.

I could quite easily make something to disconnect the ebus when the nest is in set-back mode and switch it back in when the opposite is true but this probably too much of a dirty hack with unknown consequences. My original idea doesn't feel quite so dirty if the ebus is just ignored when a jumper is effectively removed.

Put an hourly rate (£/hr) on your time. Then estimate the amount of time you guess you would spend trying this, before giving up and/or breaking something. Then add on the additional time you would spend being annoyed if you had managed to get the system partially working but not exactly how you would want it.

When you have this total, compare it to how much a plug-and-play unit would cost. Then go from there.

Don't forget to add the time you have spent on the forums.

And not a single mention of warranties etc

😆

Similar plumbing topics

Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Hi John, yes I think you are spot on, if the...
Replies
Views
I'm inclined to adopt the occam's razor...
Replies
Views
That looks like excessive wear on the housing...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back