Vaillant boiles | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant boiles in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Is't me but all I tend to see this days is customer having problems with Vaillant boilers ?

me to but seems that there is a lot of them installed incorrect with wrong electrical controls , few have come here asking for help that is all
repair quite a few vailants ,there not all there cracked up to be

I think the last couple of post had nothing to do with the boiler but rather the external controls.

I have a friend in a low place at BG - when we go for drinkies on Friday I will
ask him about the latest vaillants - he and his mates are quite good at knowing
as they deal with all the breakdowns. he has told me about loads of trends over the years

1. The Magnaclean scandal when they were de-listed by BG
2. A Really bad patch for Worcester a few years ago

centralheatking
I think the last couple of post had nothing to do with the boiler but rather the external controls.

was doing alot of servicing in the summer and had alot of worn flue seals on vaillants

Lets be honest, they all look a bit tired after a few years. Vaillants are as good as anything out there, it's just that nothing out there's that good anymore.

ive been saying this last few months if they build for it to last we would all be out of work

Fitted my first and last vaillant last week, nothing is screwed (except the flue, which is worrying as you have to make 3 connections compared to wb's 1 connection.) pipe didn't go behind so all pipe work visible. The start up process takes forever, purging and testing etc. the valves are rubbish, prv was impossible to connect when flow and return connected. Condensate is glued on to connection in boiler. Condensate must be put into a w.machine trap to prevent syphonage. Absolutely cack, customer was alimentary so I fitted the piece of cack, never again!! Lost a job last week as another plumber recommended a glow worm with 10 year guarantee, so looking for alternative to Wb.

I had a 28cdi today bf, pcb.

£230 plus vat !

to be fair the older ones I don't come across that much, but the juniors, green stars I come across loads !!

I have fitted hundreds if this Vaillant boiler and I must say they are a lot quicker to install then WB or main .
Knowing all the cods to use on boiler for filling up and purging does help Jase . Take a manual and you could read it if you are going to install more ! However there heat only boiler just like viessmen is really hard to get rid of boiler on open vent systems.
Remember one job where I fitted 2 boilers and I got air out of so easy but the other just did not want to know .... 3h later got in the van happy

Also Jase trap on Vaillant must be filled in before turning boiler on as it will let POC out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot for your help
Replies
Views
C
That's good to know - thank you
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
Thanks for all replies. I thought I was out of...
Replies
Views
Back