Vaillant combi boiler - no wall thermostat or dials | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant combi boiler - no wall thermostat or dials in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GeorgeOz

Hi there,

A few months back now the council installed a new vaillant combi boiler, but unlike previous there is no thermostat on the wall to adjust temp and no digital controls.

So now we adjust all temps on the actual boilers digital controls. But it isn't as simple as a thermostat on the wall (0-30degrees) to control room temperature. When we have the heating on we adjust the temp on the boilers controls to say 50-55 degrees and that outputs about 25degree room temperature. Although we have no way of telling what temp it is outputting as there is no thermostats etc around the house.

Is this right? Or am I just being thick? I just don't get why there is no thermostat around the house so we can adjust the room temp to whatever we like rather then guessing it on the boilers controls.

Thanks,

George

you in the uk?

you should have a room stat and time control or a combined programable room stat.

We don't have either of them...

Although there is a timer dial on the boiler itself, you know when you have to flick the little black switches out etc.

But still, for the temp we just have to guess and so far it's been decent at around 55degrees on the boiler.

I'm pretty surprised you don't have a wall stat, your radiator sizing and output is based around a boiler flow temp of 82C though :)

Not sure what that means to be honest mate, apologies for my ignorance, I'm not too clued up on central heating systems yet!

Ring local council ask them to send installer back as they haven't provided you with an efficient way to manage fuel and power consumption , your fuel bills are high and they haven't complied with your tenancy agreement as the works they carried out are not compliant with current statute. Namely building regulations part L.

Or just call and say that the installer didn't fit a thermostat when will it be fitted this week or next?

Yeah I'll get on to them tomorrow, only reason I haven't as of yet is because a couple of plumbers I know told me we didn't need it, but after reading a couple of posts on here i now know we do so thanks for your advice!

Appreciate it!

Ask competent people for a real answer. The "plumbers" you speak off are a misusers the word they are simply nuggets who use pushfit.

Look in the back of the installation manual... There will be a benchmark certificate, and one of the requirements is room thermostat & programmer or programmable room thermostat... See what the installer has ticked...

Hi, thanks for replying. The benchmark certificate hasn't even been filled in.... hmmm

Hi, thanks for replying. The benchmark certificate hasn't even been filled in.... hmmm

Its a requirement that it is filled in... It ensures the boiler was fitted & installed / commissioned correctly... Ask them to do that too.... The fact there is no rom stat is the sort of thing this benchmark was designed for!

Can you post any pictures of the boiler install?
Just curious what standard of work the council / Eco grant fitters do.

bypusery.jpg

Eco job. Gas pipe touching incoming to two houses, no bonding, FJC burned out of box.
e6y7u5a2.jpg

maybe a salus wireless stat will do the job simple to install but check m/is as there not as simple on some boilers

Shocking for a council not comply with Building Regulations, its one of their own department that's supposed to enforce them.

On private jobs if they don't want / can't afford trvs , stats etc then I record it on benchmark . It's there choice there house

the reason the benchmarks dont get filled in is companies like the one i work for buy boilers in bulk without warranties as they have the staff in the field to maintain them they get such good rates for boilers and support on spares i would be very suprised if they even register them with anyone ha's are a law to themselves

the reason the benchmarks dont get filled in is companies like the one i work for buy boilers in bulk without warranties as they have the staff in the field to maintain them they get such good rates for boilers and support on spares i would be very suprised if they even register them with anyone ha's are a law to themselves

Or it is filled in separately and sent back to the office with the rest of the paperwork, rather than left on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
Then yes running 24/7 and no control don’t...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
B
To expand slightly on @John.g's answer, many...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Back