Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 637 - issues | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 637 - issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recovery time 3ms! Boiler well over sized. U needed 837 combi or perhaps a better solution would have been 24kw system boiler.

before ordering this model I checked on vaillant site with my requirement and it suggested this model and also the fitter and builder had suggested this :(

Of course it did. Maximising profits is the name of the corporate game.
Just look it up on the web and Bobs your mothers brother for all the answers :smile:

I think the problem is that the installer has left the 24v rs link in the boiler
This needs to be taken out when using external controls hense why the boiler is on constantly on
the reason it keeps going on and off all the time is that the boiler is just pumping round a small circuit when the zone valves are shut then when it reaches 75 degrees will turn off eventually the boiler will overheat and u will have to keep re setting it
When the zone valves are open ie when on at the proggramer the boiler will work fine
Should be a simple fix really hope I explained this ok

Good shout Phil. Overlooked that one as it is mentioned somewhere (can't be bothered reading through it all) that vaillant came out¿
Btw i wonder why have they made the new links a bit bare silver wire you can (well i can't) hardly see instead of a nice bit bright red? Maybe to reap some call out cash??

Good shout Phil. Overlooked that one as it is mentioned somewhere (can't be bothered reading through it all) that vaillant came out¿
Btw i wonder why have they made the new links a bit bare silver wire you can (well i can't) hardly see instead of a nice bit bright red? Maybe to reap some call out cash??

Me think :
if the link was in the Vaillant engineer would have seen it !?

Me think :
if the link was in the Vaillant engineer would have seen it !?

Doesn't look like the vallient engineer has resolved the prob from the last post it still sounds like the boiler is constantly on to me that can only point to the live link being left in

Is the programmer opening and closing the zone valves ?

Doesn't look like the vallient engineer has resolved the prob from the last post it still sounds like the boiler is constantly on to me that can only point to the live link being left in

Is the programmer opening and closing the zone valves ?

Valiant engineer probably wouldn't have noticed! Had older one with f78 code - air bubble in pressure sensor... Valiant have a kit which lifts sensor up 5 mm custard paid for 3 parts service thing..... Got a pump expansion and something else!

Stops the boiler pinching your mountain bike and going out for a midnight ride around the block

I think the problem is that the installer has left the 24v rs link in the boiler
This needs to be taken out when using external controls hense why the boiler is on constantly on
the reason it keeps going on and off all the time is that the boiler is just pumping round a small circuit when the zone valves are shut then when it reaches 75 degrees will turn off eventually the boiler will overheat and u will have to keep re setting it
When the zone valves are open ie when on at the proggramer the boiler will work fine
Should be a simple fix really hope I explained this ok

Thanks Phil, when in auto mode the zone valves open and close as per the time no issues.
today the engineer from vaillant came around again, he said the thermostat temperature was more than the flow temperature in the boiler hence it was repeatedly turning on and off, then he changed the temperature in the boiler to 70 and set the thermostat temperature to 65 and said it should be fine now and left. He also reduced the load to 24KW from 36KW.
After these changes the boiler was on for 25 mins at one stretch to heat up the water in the cylinder after that it's starting once every 15 mins for 3 mins and shutting off. when it starts the burner comes on for 2-3 mins then the extractor fan with runs for 8 mins this continues so there is constant noise either burner or fan :( will check with the installer if he has removed the 24v rs link as you suggested.

Regards,

.........yes

20131001_165200.jpg

I can see the 24v pin is removed, is that what you guys were referring ?

Thanks,

There is a black going into RT.
Check external wiring and zone valves for sticking micro's

There is a black going into RT.
Check external wiring and zone valves for sticking micro's

My thought is there maybe a perminet live in RT as it's a new installation it needs checking by a competent person really
think this person is doing the work himself as croppie said be carefull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Did you manage to resolve what it was?
Replies
Views
Odatmi
O
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Thank you all so much for your replies. I have...
Replies
Views
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
Back