Vaillant ecoplus | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant ecoplus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all
Been to one of these this evening customer says its clicking and no heating or hot water.

I took the front off and I was amazed !!!!!

The suction pipe / air inlet was melted all over the front of the main heat exchanger as was the wiring loom that feeds the air pressure switch and gas valve etc.

I cleared off all the melted plastic separated all the shorted out wires and gave it a try and it worked like a good en.

I did not take any readings or any thing I just turned it off and said I will come back tomorrow which I will but

Has anyone experienced this with a Vaillant eco as they all very similar

ps I do not know the history of the boiler as its the first time I have seen it

cheers

yes i have experienced it and gas safe have a tb on it get back there and make it safe the heat exchanger gasket has failed it may be a right off

No worries I capped it anyway as it was late an to be honest I could not be bothered as its been another long day.
Thanks for the TB bit

All the early Ecotec boilers had neoprene exchanger gaskets replaced with graphite ones under warranty. Boilers that had not been registered could not be traced so there will still be some out there with the old gaskets.

Think you can tell if its had a gasket change,as the replacement washers that came with the graphite gasket were lock in type rather than the flat type..I think thats correct ,i might be talking crap..

I will let you know the outcome tomorrow but gas man is on the money

Think you can tell if its had a gasket change,as the replacement washers that came with the graphite gasket were lock in type rather than the flat type..I think thats correct ,i might be talking crap..

should have a updated sticker fitted on the case but i think not in this case as the air intakes melted(it knda gives the game away)

To be honest I do not think it has been touched since it was installed

There was a certain ambiguity when I asked when was it last serviced

sell them a nice baxi duotec..............they dont have this fault,just for your info quality glowworms have the same fault,being part of valiant and sharing the same heat exchanger also the heat line vizo 24 + imported by yes you guessed it valiant

should have a updated sticker fitted on the case but i think not in this case as the air intakes melted(it knda gives the game away)

Yea your right again Gas man !! I am still having issues with a ideal isar he 30 did have a lot of graphite coming through on the inlet ,the boiler was noisy on low fire demands,and locked out ,checked all gaskets,seal on boiler then changed gas valve ,worked 4 couple of days but is playing up again going back to see it saturday,i think its pulling graphite through thge supply,can i get a filter fitted on inlet as i am concernd about fine particals affecting the new valve WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!

not sure about a inlet filter some gas meters have them fitted, if you think its dragging debris through the gas line have a word with the supplier

not sure BCG but gas safe have a TB on them should give more info on there site
Cheers Dan, Its ringing bells tbh, I serviced a gloworm system boiler last month and the service kit gasket set (2parts) was graphite.

Been back today as gas man said its gasket on burner, to cut a long story short I have a list of parts as long as my arm to make the repair good, which total to nearly £400 plus my bonus and a days pay £360.00.

I advice it would not be much more money for a new boiler.

We agreed on a price TO REPAIR IT

Some people are totally mad

how much is the new heat exchanger costing?

123 + vat
I was quite surprised how cheap the heat exchanger flange and gasket kit was at just £60

When I spoke to vaillant to day they confirmed my suspisions that the boilker had never been registered as they had repaired 8000+ boiler free of charged due the the gasket faliure

Either way repair or new boiler I will get my money but I know which way I would have gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Pump/feed/expansion are piped/in wrong...
Replies
Views
Yes and you can go even further add an outside...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Hi, it’s a big old house, 6 bedrooms over 3...
Replies
Views
Back