Vaillant Ectec 824 flow restrictor? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Ectec 824 flow restrictor? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Fitting one today and its only letting 7.8 LPM through
I know its only a 24kw but its a bit pants

Is there a flow restrictor that can be removed or changed? I cant see anything in the MI's about it

It only shows a filter on the incoming cold in the MIs
No mention of a restrictor, cheers though:95:

I will try that tomorrow, ran out of time today.

Its about 10 lpm with a flowcup so not great but better than the hot
Its a combi swap from an old 24kw Worcester.
I measured the cold flow when quoting but never tried the hot so it might have always been crappy

I will give vaillant a call in the morning and see if there is a restrictor

Check filter first, could be resistance of boiler even if only 10 lpm. At least it will be a hot 7 lpm :)

Its an older house
I advised they need a new stopcock, they have two that dont work and probably causing the low flow

Am I being thick here, but iff youve only got 10 on the cold, your not going to get 10 out with restrictions. 7 sounds about right for the conditions. There's a lot of restrictions through the boiler, specially the hex.

Vaillant ecotec 824 will only give you 8:2 l/p/m @ 42*c rise so it's not a million miles out, you could confirm this in d36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
So far, despite the obvious reputation, we’ve...
Replies
Views
Is it a heat only boiler?, you say a new pump...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could have 2 separate feeds or from a booster...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back