Vaillant robbing business | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant robbing business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Data protection act should stop this

I don't think that the DPA would stop them using the information internally. It might limit how they can sell it externally, but I'm not sure - it may be that some of the data is actually public domain, since registration is mandatory.

Even mandatory information needs to be stored securely, as it's personal

I don't think that the DPA would stop them using the information internally. It might limit how they can sell it externally, but I'm not sure - it may be that some of the data is actually public domain, since registration is mandatory.
I was thinking along the lines of them arguing that the info is allready in the public domain but I dont know if that would simply be limited to the boiler installed and the address of installation no customer names telephone numbers etc.

Even mandatory information needs to be stored securely, as it's personal

I was thinking along the lines of them arguing that the info is allready in the public domain but I dont know if that would simply be limited to the boiler installed and the address of installation no customer names telephone numbers etc.

I'm quite sure that, whatever their other failings, the hyper-process driven Vaillant group with their highly paid corporate lawyers will have their legal ducks firmly in a row.

They sub let the info collection to home serve, home serve can use it as they do and it's them who take your custards

I'm sure I won't have much effect on vaillants overall sales figures but if that's the case I'm going to find a manufacturer who doesn't think it's okay to steal business.

Best of luck with that, they are all doing it, got to find work for own engineers.

Data protection act should stop this

I spoke one of my custard re the corgi insurance thing. Apparently as long as they don't use the customers name it's legal!
so when the current franchise holders of gas safe lose it, they'll do the same.

My mother gets letters from a few companies linked to ideal trying to get her to have her ideal boiler on a service plan, shes got a baxi installed.

Im guess the top boys in vaillant could not care less about the small installer. Silence says alot, carrying on such behaviour just tells you all you need to know about how they view its own customers the installers.

vote with your feet guys or just bend over and grease yourself up lol

Makes the whole roadshow were not passing on details etc a waste of time really

I would tell your customers about this shamefull sharp practice
and let customer know that you are best to service your
installation and will if nec return after your 1 year guarantee
runs out (we often do this as we are nice) BUT not if they go to
someone else after 12 months

centralheatking

baxi send my customers a card with my contact details telling them to contact me for a service

baxi send my customers a card with my contact details telling them to contact me for a service

I've seen one of those cards, one line about contacting the installer. All kinds of crap about the benefits of going with heat team.
Baxi are just as bad as Vaillant, they're all the same and the ones who aren't stealing your customers yet will be soon enough. Business is business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I am looking for an experienced...
Replies
Views
I am writing from Italy where storage combis...
Replies
Views
Well he’s making 2 visits. Gas cost is perhaps...
Replies
Views
Hi chaps I've just bought a house that has an...
Replies
Views
thinking back, i put a handful of these in...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
Back