Vaillant system set-up help | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant system set-up help in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

J

James89

Hello, I’m hoping someone can help as I’m getting differing advice every time I speak to Vaillant;

We are refurbishing a property and installing a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 630 system boiler with a Megaflo cylinder.

We are creating 4-zones:
Downstairs rads
Upstairs rads
Bathroom underfloor heating
Bathroom towel rails

The plan is to use SensoComfort with SensoNet VR922 Net Gateway to have weather compensation and use via the app.

The downstairs and upstairs rads are to be individually controlled via 2x SensoComfort wired panels.

Vaillant advise that SensoComfort and electric thermostats can’t be used for the towel rail or underfloor heating zones due to being a damp/wet environment. Instead they have suggested simply using VR70 and a VR71 wiring centre to add the zones without thermostats/temperature control.

All the rads could have manual TRV’s, and the towel rails could have TRV’s.

They also advise that with this setup future upgrades to smart Ambisense TRV’s would require ALL rads on a zone to have the smart TRV’s, and they can’t be individually upgraded.

Is anyone able to help with designing this system setup in the best/most cost effective way?

Thanks in advance

I would look at Evohome (or other similar systems) for system control. In my view Ambisense is expensive and no where near the capabilities / flexibility if the competition.

If you are considering Open Therm, moving away from Vaillant control systems will be a bigger challenge

Take a look at Viessmann boilers and controls they are far more flexible, Valliant make solid reliable boilers but have a tendency to make their controls over complicated . Kop

Attachments

• zone_circuit_control.pdf
    593.2 KB · Views: 50

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, Winter has come and finally I have a...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Vaillant ecoTec plus 637 and gledhill 250...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking at having controls replaced /...
Replies
Views
  • Question
@Mjward if you have a Facebook account why not...
Replies
Views
Back