Vaillant turbomax 824 HW ok No CH & Pressure stays at 3 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant turbomax 824 HW ok No CH & Pressure stays at 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a Vaillant turbomax 824 which is not sending hot water to the Central heating system but the Tap hot water is fine.
The problem started when I went to turn the CH on and as I did I noticed that the pressure was very Low about 0.5 so I turned the key under neath to allow the pressure to increase but as I did this the key fell out into a crack in the floor, the prerssure continued to rise and as it got close to 3.0 I turned the boiler off at the main power switch. I then retrieved the key and turned it back to the default postion hoping the pressure would slowly lower but it stayed at 3. I then noticed the radiator was not getting hot.
I've tried emptying one of the radiators of water hoping this would lower the pressure which did seem to lower it to about 2.8 but it soon went back up and still no CH.
I have noticed that a couple of times the pipe to the radiator gets quite hot but It never gets as far as the radiator and on other occasions the C.H Flow pipe gets hot at the top but further down it is cold.
The display gets as far as s.07 Water Pump Over Run.

Any Help Appreciated

Thanks Abe

aseru ... get yourself a gas safe engineer out. Sounds like you may have a diverter problem. Are all the external controls working? Time clock, room thermostat turned to max? Regards the pressure you will need to get it back down to around 1ish otherwise you could find the safety blow-off valve opens!

HI as above get an engeineer in, but to me sounds like there is an air lock or a blockage, i would try draining down system some were there will be a drain cock down stairs rad near door is a good place to start. then re fill slowly venting all rads of air starting from ground floor and working upwards keep topping up as you go then level presure off at 1 to 1.5 bar then try it. you should also add inhibutor to system when you refill.

The pressure on the boiler needs to be set at 1.5, when you make a demand on the heating the boiler pressure rises. If the boiler pressure gets to high it will cut the boiler out. You need to bleed the radiator until the pressure reads 1.5 when cold. If the pressure still rises once this is done to 3 bar, then you would need to call a heating engineer as this would be a problem within the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If it rises steadily while system heats up to...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back