Vaillant TurboMax VUW 242 - Water leaking from inside of boiler. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant TurboMax VUW 242 - Water leaking from inside of boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illus79

Hello there all.

I wanted some advice on a worrying and annoying problem that's occurred with our boiler.

We have had it for ten years and in February had it power flush and a magnaclean filter installed by a certified engineer. Up until Wednesday my mum noticed water was leaking out from underneath of the boiler, from the inside. I called back the engineer, lovely chap, and he and I couldn't see any leaks. He did however notice a valve that was behind the pump was leaking, and it was because of too much air in the system or something?! I couldn't quite figure out what he was saying. I went about to release any air from all the radiators and cleaned the magnaclean filter. Yesterday we noticed it was leaking much more than before. I've asked the engineer if he could come back as my mum's disabled and would need to have this fixed asap.

I wanted to know if anyone here could fully explain to me why this leaking would occur?! I got a wee jist of it from our engineer but wanted to know before he came around.

Many kind thanks :)

If its the auto air vent which I sounds like these are quite common to fail after time.

Hello there Whn1,

Thanks for that :) Is this auto air vent easy to replace? And, is it quite expensive? We've spent a wee bit on the boiler this year.

Regards,

Rik

Yes sounds like the automatic air vent on the pump letting by. Usually happens when its drained down and refilled. The float inside the auto air vent doesn't seal correctly. Giving it a tap usually works... But get your GSR engineer to check it.

Hey kozak1968,

Right, seems like this naughty air vent thingy is the problem! Yes, I will get the GSR engineer to check this for sure! Wouldn't dream of doing this myself - I'm the guy who got lost using a Tom Tom! (Ok, enough of me....!)

Regards,

Rik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Can you measure the flowrate from a HW tap, if...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks for the helpful responses everyone
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Ok understood regarding keeping to a set kw...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back