Vailliant EcoTec 637 losing pressure | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vailliant EcoTec 637 losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vaillant EcoTec 637 losing pressure

Undo sump dry it out. Leave boiler off . If more than few ml u got a knackered hex

Kelly the white plastic pipe in the cupboard below the boiler on your photo goes across the front of the magfilter
where does that go maybe outside in a grid a low level, don't go taking anything off the boiler please. this is like table tennis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelly the white plastic pipe in the cupboard below the boiler on your photo goes across the front of the magfilter
where does that go maybe outside in a grid a low level, don't go taking anything off the boiler please. this is like table tennis.

It looks like the pipe does go directly into the 'pigging' waste, judging by the angle and the fact that it goes into the boxed in area where our loo pipes are. I have attached a pic.

How would we find out if this was the problem? Is this as likely/more likely/as likely to be the problem as an invisible leak in the pipework in the walls/floor?

Sorry, I don't think the pic uploaded properly. Here it is again

Attachments

• photo-16.jpg
    photo-16.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 32
No Kelly I do see a rubber bung take a photo close up where the pipe disappears just above that bit of brown paper please, this is now like Clue-do

If you fill to 0.6bar and it goes up to 1.9 when hot, that suggests the expansion vessel needs more static pressure.

I take it when you re fill, it takes a couple of seconds to get to pressure rather than 15-20?

Get a GSR to re pressurise the expansion vessel as it is inside the boiler in these, or get Vaillant out if they were out less than 12 months ago.

No Kelly I do see a rubber bung take a photo close up where the pipe disappears just above that bit of brown paper please, this is now like Clue-do

I'm having problems uploading the pics

I have to go out now and won't be back until much later in the day. I will try uploading agin when I return, much later in the day

Thank you again for your help

That looks like the condense may go straight into the soil, but it should pull back to test if the boiler heat exchanger has a leak, I think someone locally has PM you about it, this is a long shot but it needs to be eliminated before you go looking for that leak in the house.

Don't think I'd like to check/clean the magna :)

I was hoping that someone would say it before me, the chap who installed it had no intention of coming back to clean it out, anyone who trys it will need to take it off at the unions, there are some rough sods about still, and will be till the end of time, some just rougher than others, no pride in anything any more. Are you going to sort it diamond you are de-man me thinks, if you do clean it out for her see how much crap is in there.

Tony

Thanks for the updates. We topped up earlier this afternoon to 1.0 bar (it felt like a lot of water was going in) and the pressure has stayed at at steady 2.1/2/2 bar all evening. The radiators are really pumping out some heat which makes a nice change. One thing I have noticed recently - the boiler makes this funny noise, like a "pfffft" every so often which I don't remember it doing before. I don't suppose this is a clue?

The magna was changed about a year ago because it was full of sludge. The guy who changed it said that it would be easy to clean!!

So we topped up yesterday (see above) and the pressure stayed at at steady 2.1/2/2 bar all evening. The heating then went off with the timer at 10pm. This morning there is no pressure in the system again. It only happens when the heating is off. If it is a leak would it lose pressure when the heating was on too?

Thankfully, Diamondgas is coming out to look at it tomorrow so we should know one way or another soon.

Worry no more Diamond Geezer is on is way, he will be back on this channel Monday night with the job fixed, I have no doubt, Diamond your are on your mettle. This is a 42 post and we got nowhere, the guessing is nearly over, BTW Diamond clean that Magfilter out whilst you are there, Kelly will never do it, our Doris does ours I have shown here, Diamond take the camera.

Here's mine at home, accessible

Attachments

• DSCN1839.jpg
    DSCN1839.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN1168.jpg
    DSCN1168.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 12
So we topped up yesterday (see above) and the pressure stayed at at steady 2.1/2/2 bar all evening. The heating then went off with the timer at 10pm. This morning there is no pressure in the system again. It only happens when the heating is off. If it is a leak would it lose pressure when the heating was on too?

Thankfully, Diamondgas is coming out to look at it tomorrow so we should know one way or another soon.

Kelly,

He will sort it for you now, good luck with it.

Tony

In the words of Diamondgas, it was a 'gooshed' heat exchanger all along! Hurrah to solving the mystery (and to no Trace and Access).

A big thank you to Diamondgas and to everyone who posted, particularly Happyflyer. I really, really appreciate your help.

In the words of Diamondgas, it was a 'gooshed' heat exchanger all along! Hurrah to solving the mystery (and to no Trace and Access).

A big thank you to Diamondgas and to everyone who posted, particularly Happyflyer. I really, really appreciate your help.

There was a constant drip coming from the condensate pipe and further investigations internally verified the source, Main heat engine :) --- An expensive piece of kit to replace. Thankfully Vaillant are footing the bill I believe ... I'll let Kelly tell you that story if she so wishes :)

Diamond,

Your last guess was spot on, pity we have to go to all that trouble, had the condense pipe been visible we would have know earlier, suppose at least it won't freeze where it is.

Good Luck with it Kelly, it least you know what wrong now

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Use the search box on the top right of the...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Back