Valiant and boilermate 2 pump over run? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Valiant and boilermate 2 pump over run? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flanners

Hi everyone!

Condemned a Potterton prima today on a boilermate 2 and was going to fit a valiant 428 to accommodate an invented cylinder when the boilermate snuffs it. My question is should the boiler be wired directly into the pump like a normal S or Y plan? Any info on this type of installation would be great. I would love to rip the lot out and fit an invented cylinder at same time as new boiler but cost is an issue!!!

Thanks guys!

you will have problems with the boiler mate if they can afford it much better option to fit a unvented set up

Normally with a boiler mate you should wire it so the boilermate controls the overrun

Thanks for your replys guys. Gledhill says boilermate operates overrun for 4 mins and no other should be wired. However manufacturers say pump overrun must be connected to validate guarantee???

Need a boiler with no pump overrun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
Back