Valliant boiler pressure bar zero. Please help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Valliant boiler pressure bar zero. Please help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atppkr

Hi all

Hopefully I can get some help on this forum. Currently getting f.28 error on my boiler and research says I need to repressurise my boiler. I've attempted it and can't seem to do it.

Has anyone experienced this before and found any way how to fix it?

I watched a video on YouTube advising to unscrew two screws to refill boiler. Here is the link but my screws only turn half way.

YouTube - Filling Vaillant Turbomax PLUS PRO

Pics of my boilers pipes

P1010125.jpg

P1010124.jpg

73469455.jpg

1b47f8da.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The pipes you have circled are the screwsbthat I have I tried to turn. Both of them only turn half way but I don't hear any water filling. Do you require a close up of the pipes?

in the pics i cant see any filling loop, thats what you need to fill the boiler. the valves in the pics if your refering to them they are isolation valves to the boiler.

Pauls,

I appreciate your time & effort responding to me. I feel as if Im so close to doing this but just need some hints on what to do... I have uploaded some more pics of all the different pipes (also inside the boiler) to make sure i have covered all angles.

Can you spot the screws i need to turn in these pics?

THE CLOSET TWO SCREWS ARE THE ONES I HAVE TURNED WITHOUT SUCCESS

P1010129.jpg

P1010130.jpg

P1010131.jpg

P1010132.jpg

P1010133.jpg

P1010134.jpg

P1010135.jpg

the filling loop wont be in the boiler it will be on the pipework itself somwhere its a silver braided flexi with isolation taps. some boilers you can fit them on the boiler but i cant see one on yours so it must be on the pipe work.

If you are turning them two screws that I circled then they are the right ones (usually on internal filling loops).

The silver braided hose at the bottom right of the last picture, do you have something similar on the pipework anywhere?

Last edited:
Do you the pipe work in and around the boiler? Or could this be meters away from the boiler?

Should be near the boiler so that you can still keep an eye on the pressure gauge.

the filling loop could be further away from the boiler but it wont be meters away

filling loop is built into this boiler its the 2 screws you can see in the first picture nearest the wall in fact you can only see half of one screw

Thanks for your reply.

The silver braided pipe you refer to is attached to the pipe where the two screws live that I have been turning.

filling loop is built into this boiler its the 2 screws you can see in the first picture nearest the wall in fact you can only see half of one screw

The screws are certainly still in tact and not threaded. How come when i turn them i dont hear it filling it up? Is there another screw I have to turn?

Are both ends of the silver braided pipe attached?

where that braided pipes connects near to the pump you need a flat head screw driver and you can fill it up from the brass square shaped fitting that the loop connects onto. i think.

Are both ends of the silver braided pipe attached?

These two pics you can see that the braided pipe is connected to a black plastic screw pipe attachment and one of the screws nearest the wall.

P1010139.jpg

P1010138.jpg

where that braided pipes connects near to the pump you need a flat head screw driver and you can fill it up from the brass square shaped fitting that the loop connects onto. i think.

Am i suppose to connect the braided pipe to something?

Also to add, when I tried unscrewing the black plastic screw water starting dripping from it so i quickly tightened it again.

APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AND PATIENCE HERE LADS. THANKS

Just had another look...

From the black screw (which silver braided pipe is connected to) it then leads back to the second screw (above in the first pic)

Turn both the circled screws 90 degrees and watch the pressure gauge.vaillant.jpg

I have turned both 90 degrees (circled screws) and cant here anything nor see the pressure gauge increase????

BTW

Boiler it still switched on with the F.28 error showing and a red light being displayed

is it new ? pro or plus ? does it have a flap at the front to hide controls or are they always on show

id say its about 7 years old. it has a flap on the front to hide the controls. Probably the plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
C
If you haven't done so already, try 'fishing'...
Replies
Views
Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
Back