Valliant boiler pressure bar zero. Please help | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Valliant boiler pressure bar zero. Please help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
what model is it ? do you have the manual ? if you knew wat model then i can tell you what the fault code means im looking at newer models fault codes and F28 doesnt suggest no water pressure

Its definitely the two screws circled in an earlier post. I had to repressurise the exact model just before christmas for a woman down the road. Is the cold water feed still open to the boiler, ie you haven't closed it by mistake when you have been trying to repressure. Easiest way to check is open one of your hot taps, just a thought.

what model is it ? do you have the manual ? if you knew wat model then i can tell you what the fault code means im looking at newer models fault codes and F28 doesnt suggest no water pressure

I think its the eco tec plus looking at the pics. I aint got the manual for it so cant say for certain and cant see any code on the boiler itself.

Its definitely the two screws circled in an earlier post. I had to repressurise the exact model just before christmas for a woman down the road. Is the cold water feed still open to the boiler, ie you haven't closed it by mistake when you have been trying to repressure. Easiest way to check is open one of your hot taps, just a thought.

Just double checked and the hot water is running fine. The pressure gauge seems to have risen slightly, but im kinda guessing the time the screws have been turned it should have increased more than just a bit?

ecoTec plus F28 - fault in the gas supply

are you sure its the ecotech plus ?

its not the ecoTech looking at the pics, i think it must be EcoMAx but ecomax still says F28 fault with gas supply ?

How far are you turning the screws, can't remember if they're quarter turn or screw open. Worth a try, failing that it could be blocked.

they dont fully turn, only half way.

How do you mean it could be blocked? Screws? I tried turning them further but they dont budge

Sounds like quarter turn. Could have some muck across the inlet into the htg return.
Do you have a drain off for the system and an outside tap? Its a bit primitve but hose from tap to drain off and back fill. Should get you away.

Yes, I have. Its located in the cellar (down stairs). Would you suggest draining the whole system? How would you back fill it?

Appreciate this help btw

I wouldn't drain it down. Use the drain off point to top up the pressure (carefully). Hook up a hose from a tap (mains cold water) onto the drain cock and use this to top up. It should get you away and be able to rule out the low pressure. It may be that the pressure gauge is knackered and the system is upto pressure or above. But at least you will see once you start filling. Would recommend two pairs of hands as well.

Gotchya. I'll have to pick a hose up and try it on weekend. Is there ant other checks you could suggest before I do this? I'm off to bed shortly mate so if I don't respond I'm not being rude. I really appreciate a helping hand. I'm kinda thinking I need to get someone to look at it but want to at least have a crack at the whip myself.

Can't think of anything else, but as others have said in the post there maybe something other than the pressure.

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

P1010131-1.jpg

The two screws circled are the inbuilt filling loop,it is possible this has broken internally as both screws appear to be in the open position.
It will probably be cheaper to buy a standard filling loop and tee into return and cold pipes than to get the original part.

Quick update. Come home this evening to find that the boiler pressure is back @ zero. Think it's time for me to call an engineer.

wow 5 pages on filling a boiler! its dropping to zero because it has a leak of some kind, may be the pressure relief valve, what did you charge the boiler up to? this may be your issue

he doesnt hear it filling up though, surely if it was going out the PRV he would hear it?

The screws are certainly still in tact and not threaded. How come when i turn them i dont hear it filling it up? Is there another screw I have to turn?

Where is the pressure relief Valve located? Can you point it out on pics?

I woke up this morning to find thAt the pressure had raised to just over one. When I come home from work the pressure was zero.

Although the heating is set to come on for few hours during the day

blimey i left this thread at 2 pages last night now on 5

where abouts are you in the country maybe someone on here is local.

Just an update. I opened up the loop when I got in and just looked aain an it's climbing. Nearly half way to 1.

I cant hear it filling up.

I hope so. I'm in Liverpool. Would be happy to get someone from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
C
If you haven't done so already, try 'fishing'...
Replies
Views
Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
Back