Vallient boiler !!!!!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vallient boiler !!!!!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

I F++++++ HATE ECO TECS these boilers are junk !!!! worked on two today both litter

I'm not a fan of Vaillants either, they seem to give me more hassle than most other boilers.

There isn't a boiler manufacturered that'll last forever! What grief have you encountered PJF?

I'm not a fan of Vaillants either, they seem to give me more hassle than most other boilers.

I thought it was Biasi everyone hated! Maybe it's just all boilers when you can't fix them!

Luckily I dont deal with many Biasi boilers. I am sick of replacing flue collectors on Vaillants though. Also I absoloutely hate their wireless controls, they are ridiculously complicated.

Oh dear!

Perhaps you can help me with a problem I have with a Biasi?

well i got called to a leaking one last week ordered the part it came wrong one. two days later another part came wrong again. spoke to vaillant and they said there are 4 different parts the same model !
any ways got the right one and all sorted now

so went to change a rad today swap for swap drained down changed rad filled up fernox in ect put the purge mode on ect the boiler wouldn't work then f. 75 pump fail . again ! called vaillant again and told them the problem and they confirmed the pump has failed errrrr , i said just because ive drained it they said that it could happen ohhhhhhh . ok so went got a pump and 4 45 got back to a totally fed up custard 5 15 guess what !!!!! wrong pump a gave gc number everything vaillant said there are 2 types of pump for that model holy s!!t what a day so gotta go back tomorrow and replace the pump and hope fully it all works deep breath just cemented the reasons y i will never ever fit a vaillant !!

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, I have called up Vaillant a few times for part numbers only be be given the wrong number or a number that does not exist. A few lads I have spoken to have had similar issues with part numbers from them.

could try overhauling the pump, could just be dirt. I've noticed ecotec pumps sticking a lot

They do seem to have gone through a stage of changing part numbers and putting different parts into boilers than the ones that come out.

Sounds like vaillant do the same as other manufacturers, use our custards as guineepigs and adapt there boilers to the faults produced! Pain in the :ciappa:

i have warned you all about vailants and worcesters admittedly baxi are not perfect but a damn sight easier to work on

Sounds like vaillant do the same as other manufacturers, use our custards as guineepigs and adapt there boilers to the faults produced! Pain in the :ciappa:

its either a redesign due to faults or a redesign to enable the part to be manufactured cheaper. This is common practice in manufacturing, make a product and once its in production have a number of engineers who's job is to soley come up with redesigns to enable it to be made cheaper. The car sector is one good example, renault clio bonnet clip if anyone remembers that one. :(

Ive not had any problems with Vaillants Ive fitted but maybe Ive just been lucky. Been called to a couple when I was subbying to BG but usually just something trivial. Not half as many as WB but then again that could be because there are more of them out there where I am.

I have the "Oh there are two different parts for that model with that G.C. number" but it is not just Vaillant

update got hold of the vaillant rep and they sent an engineer out 0930 this morning and bosh fixed still hate these **** boilers tho !!!

I sometimes think that I'm lucky being a slave to BG as the parts thing isn't a prob, you blokes are pretty exposed to customers vengeance so hats off to you. Regarding the aforementioned ECO TECS, I'm no longer a fan of Vaillant because these CHB are fitted on the top, with what THEY call a thermal fuse. If the Heat exchanger overheats beyond a certain point it 'pops' very much like a fuse in a car. No probs you may think...wrong...you have to buy and (supposedly) fit a new heat exchanger because you cannot get the component from Vaillant in the parts list. However I have sourced it and BG / Vaillant are actually engaging in "frank discussions". It's wanton profiteering and so now I'd never recommend them (personally)

i dont like trying to fault find on vaillants, way too complicated compared to other makes. personally i wouldnt have one thrown at me but everyone has their own makes tht they tend to stick to

Gotta agree with gasman baxi are best to work on! Vaillant technical is absolute rubbish as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta agree with gasman baxi are best to work on! Vaillant technical is absolute carp aswell!
Hi and welcome all boilers are good to work on because they earn the wage some are easy some are not but they all pay the wages

simples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks a lot for your help
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
How did you get the valve sorted in the end?
Replies
Views
If you can pm me this we can get this moved to...
Replies
Views
Best boiler replacement in Glasgow. At Xpress...
Replies
Views
Back