Viessmann boiler set at max just to get enough heat | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Viessmann boiler set at max just to get enough heat in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

where did you see the 10 years warranty offered by them just had a quick look cant find anything on there site?

It's in their quote:

Hassle Free Boilers
1 Viessmann Vitodens 100W 26kW Heat Only Boiler
Including:
- Boiler supply and installation
- 5 year Viessmann manufacturer warranty
- 2 year workmanship warranty
- Magnaclean magnetic filter
- Supply and installation of boiler flue and controls
- Full system clean, flush and protection*
1 Viessmann Warranty Extension (Additional 5 Years)
1 Condensate Soakaway
1 Viessmann Horizontal Flue Kit
1 Heat Only/System Boiler Installation Pack (22mm)

:D love the *

"Full system clean, flush and protection*"

in short 5 years as standard

then the warranty extension eg you paid to have it upgraded

Condensate Soakaway ?????? should be a white pipe below the boiler where does that go (breakfasts in the way to see)

also looks like the flue is running downwards to the outside should be the other way so theres a fall to the boiler

Yep they drilled a hole through the wall and installed a soakway (in a flowerbed) for the condensate. Flue angle looks like an optical illusion, here's another pic:

IMG_20181216_193607.jpg

Why do Viessmann say no pump overrun is required?

Open Vent Boilers - Viessmann UK

Here's the asterisk:

* The system clean and flush involves the system being flushed with mains pressure water and appropriate cleaning chemicals. We will not complete a 'powerflush'. A 'Magnacleanse' clean is an alternative to a 'powerflush' and is available as a chargeable option where advised or requested.

Reason I'm querying the pump overrun is I had an F2 fault code (temperature limit) think it was due to the latent temp rising in the hex after shutdown and triggering a fault - it's been okay since I turned the flow temp down a bit but wondering if this happens a lot when there's no pump overrun.

Reason I'm querying the pump overrun is I had an F2 fault code (temperature limit) think it was due to the latent temp rising in the hex after shutdown and triggering a fault - it's been okay since I turned the flow temp down a bit but wondering if this happens a lot when there's no pump overrun.

Nope dont need pump overun , could have been air , they do airlock on installation, once its gone they arent a problem.

Looks like a typical “thrown - in” boiler rather that a fitted one . 4 hours , Lol .

Well, I kinda feel like I agree with you, I was surprised when they said they had finished, it all just felt a bit rushed.

I did try and find a local installer but half the time the phone just rang and rang, or I left a message and no-one called back, or they didn't do Viessmann, or they couldn't offer any interest free credit... in the end I was kinda exasperated and just went with HFB because they were cheap, could do Viessmann and did 3 years interest free credit. I already had a nagging feeling after talking to them that they would just sub it out (despite asking if they used their own people). I couldn't see how they could offer national coverage without using subbies. And the two guys that turned up had come all the way from Rotherham (I am in Hampshire).

Anyway, my main priority is to ensure I get the 10 year warranty so will be asking them for proof of this tomorrow (and I'll double check with Viessmann too). If no proof is forthcoming then they'll be in breach of contract as that's what I paid for,

i would ask viessmann first then youve got ammo without relieving

Similar plumbing topics

Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
170L is barely enough for 2 showers for us...
Replies
Views
Back