Vokera 29 HE - hot water, but no central heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera 29 HE - hot water, but no central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NibblyPig

Hello,

I just moved into a house with this boiler. It was last serviced in June, but I imagine the CH part hasn't been used over the summer. Just before I moved in a couple of days ago, I had some plastering done that involved removing and replacing two radiators. I was told they repressurised the system aftewards.

The boiler works fine for hot water only - when it's switched on it makes no noise until a tap is turned then it activates and I can enjoy a hot shower.

However if I change the dial to CH & hot water, when I first turn it on the light goes from red, to orange, to green, it fires up (I see flames) then a few seconds later the flames go and it just sits there making a constant chuntering noise. The light flashes green every half a second indicating a temporary fault. Hot water still works during this time and will cause it to fire up again.

Any ideas what this could be, or is it time to get someone out? As far as I know there is no external thermostat (have searched the house) and when I tried to get it to work I put the built in dial to maximum and the switch to 'on' (not timer).

The pressure looks fine, it's on about 1.5 which is the upper end of the range it should be at according to the manual.

Thanks for any advice!

This is what it looks like underneath. The black one is turned all the way to Open and the yellow one I assume is open as it's turned anti-clockwise. I don't know what any of this means, maybe the silver one should be connected? :confused5:

2014-09-02%2019.33.13.jpg

What a beautiful install! Time to get someone in I'm afraid. Where abouts are you?

11.jpg

Connect the flexi and open both black valves until you get 1-1.2 bar.

12.jpg

Push a into b, tighten up c, open black valves till you get 1.0-1.2 bar.

Hi there,

Firstly, I am doing my Gas Safe training portfolio at the moment so I am not a qualified Gas Engineer yet.

Just wanted to say that myself and the Gas Engineer that I am working with came across a similar problem. It turned out to be air in the heating system and a serious bit of rad bleeding (and the magna-clean) sorted it. The manufacturer instructions may give you a hint on a list of things that the flashing light represents.

Then you need someone in buddy.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

I'm closing this thread now in case someone inadvertently tells you to do something you shouldn't be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
76 Views and not one single "expert" has...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
L
Replies
Views
Back