vokera compact 25 he boiler fault-please help. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vokera compact 25 he boiler fault-please help. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

freecall

We have a vokera 25he around 4 years old with a fault which is driving me nuts!! the boiler keep locking out showing a solid red light.if you reset,it fires up ok then runs for a few minutes and does the same.also locks out after drawing off hot water to solid red light.first boiler cycle seems ok,fires up then shuts down when return up to temp,lights all green,when it tries to re-ignite it will fire up,ignite then shut down after about 5 seconds with solid red light.removed and looped through room stat but behaves the same.gas pressure ok.so far an rgi has changed thermiser,spark electrode and ignition pcb,but no different.any suggestions as to the problem as i have now spent a few quid and are debating weather to just cut my loses and replace with new boiler.would really appreciate any advise,many thanks

Hw flow switch may be sticking on, next time it happens remove one of the flow switch wires and see what it does. Ive had this a few times recently

many thanks for that,will give that one a go.is locking out though when on heating only seem to go through first boiler cycle,shuts down when return up to temp.when i comes to fire up when calling for heat,it will fire for around 5 seconds then lock out with solid red light.

Ah right, u might have choked flow/return flexi hoses from h/e to l/h manifold. The fact it doesn't Do it on hw points towards circulation issues. Either that or faulty pump. I'd clear the hoses 1st of all, no parts to pay for that way.

thanks for that imfo,will give that a go later today ,pump seems to be operating ok as downstairs rads red hot when working.would addind some x400 for a few days help with shifting any rebris from the boiler.have access to powerflusher,is that work a shot do you think if i find and blockages in pipes.will report back later with results.once again many thanks for your advise

Scratch that actually mate, I'm thinking about the SE compact. I'm sure the HE doesn't have flexi pipes. Sorry

thank again for your reply.just about to drop some x800 into system,guess i cant do any harm.think i,ll be looking at cutting my loses and just getting a new combi and fitting it end of next week.cant blow any more cash on this one:knife:will leave cleaner in for a few days and then drain down and flush outand see if that helps at all.would have to do this anyway if i end up fitting a new one.im not the first to get this issue according to google but cant find a post with a solution anywhere.

post your location and someone local may be able to offer you a quote on installing a new boiler

think solid red led is primary ntc has that been checked ????
yes m8,he changed that first off,this boiler is doing my head in:death:.would you think a blockage somewhere in the boiler is a possible cause ?? have added some x800 this afternoon to the system,would need to clean system anyways if we end up installing a new boiler:yesnod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Back