vokera compact 25 only works with case off | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vokera compact 25 only works with case off in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

L

leeagar

help i have a air pressure problem the boiler will only work with the case open when i put case on it cuts out
i have changed aps and cleaned venturis and tubes the fan seems ok
i spoke to vokera and they said aps switch when i told him i had put a new one on he said
that was all it could be but he is wrong
any ideas before i pull my hair out

New parts can sometimes be faulty. If flues okay, venturi is clean then it could be.

vitiation could be the problem stripped fan down cleaned venturis and replaced aps it was acting as if not enough air pressure or lack of oxygen when i removed the case to allow more air it fired up
the question is what could be ristricting the air flow to cause this problem flue is clear

mate all looks good flue pipe been inspected i tell you i have pulled my hair out with it today i left defeated in the end and will go back tomorrow with a clear head and try again it has worked good for 3 years than just stopped 3 days ago

The venturi need to be spotless on these. Washing them is the best way to clean them.
How long is the flue or is it vertical?
Check the proper restrictor ring has been fitted. If the flue is over a certain length (can't remember offhand) there is also a restrictor on the air intake. You could try pulling that out.

The venturi need to be spotless on these. Washing them is the best way to clean them.
How long is the flue or is it vertical?
Check the proper restrictor ring has been fitted. If the flue is over a certain length (can't remember offhand) there is also a restrictor on the air intake. You could try pulling that out.

same issue then regarding the ariston micro genus he restricter in the flue or recuperater works fine for a few year's then goes pear,common fault on the ariston so as tamz says worth checking

same issue then regarding the ariston micro genus he restricter in the flue or recuperater works fine for a few year's then goes pear,common fault on the ariston so as tamz says worth checking

Same idea. Bit of a pain as the hard of thinking either put the wrong ring in or none at all.

@ LEEAGAR

Is there any remedy found? Was the restrictor OK? Please reply as you will be helping numerous others.

This seems to be a common issue on these boilers (sabre/vokera)

Had the same problem on a sabre. There wasn't enough differential across the fan. If you remove one hose from the aps then the boiler worked fine. Cleaned latent hx and replaced fan,all good.

Hi, if you look back on old threads I had exactly the same problem, I rang Vokera and they were most unhelpful, no matter what I did I couldn't get the boiler to fire with the case on. All the could tell me was that I had an air flow problem. I gave up in the end and told the landlord to call Vokera out. I will call the tenant later and see if they managed to fix it. The only thing I didn't do was to remove the flue restrictor, if there is one or clean the heat exchanger with a blade. The boiler has aslo run for a couple of years without any problems. Let me know if you get yours going,
Cheers, casaco

I'd go with replacing the venturi as previously mentioned as only a tiny build up of debris is needed to give a low differential across the aps (top venturi normally at fault it can also get dirt into shaft which cant be seen and needs a small screwdriver to clean)

I polished the inside of the venturi with emery cloth until it looked brand new, including the shaft, it still won't run unless the front case is opened.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I hadn't done because it was being held off by...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Back