Vokera Linea 24 Problem - no central heating at first but now a complete shut down :( | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Linea 24 Problem - no central heating at first but now a complete shut down :( in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

audioblackout

Hi guys,

Please excuse my newbieness but you guys look like a friendly bunch of chaps ;)

Recently my radiators stopped working on my Linea 24. Timer seemed to be clicking the pump into action (I could hear it working) but the pilot light would on come on for 10 seconds after a complete shut down but then switch off. If I left it on, it would sporadically do the same thing during the day perhaps once every hour. Temperature would go up to 70-80 when it did this. Hot water was fine.

I noticed the pressure was above three, so I drained the radiators from the cellar, but the amount of water that came out was surprisingly little. I filled it back up to 1.5 pressure but within 30 minutes it was back on 3!!! No joy.

After a bit of research I thought I would undo the screw on the pump to check for excess air in the system. Once I did this a LOAD of water shot out from the drain tap in the cellar - 10 MINUTES WORTH!!! Loads of air seemed to come though the screw on the pump. Finally undid the screw, checked the pump was turning (which it was) turned the unit ON and sure enough, it seemed to be spinning. I thought I'd cracked it - refilled the system, aired the radiators, and the pressure was nice and stable - all ready for the grand switch on.

BALLS - turned the timer on, same issue. But this time as soon as I put the hot water on the temp goes down immediately then races back up, pressure rises and within 20 seconds BOOM I get a red light, error code 7, then error code 2. Researching more, Error code 7 means Thermistor but 2 means overheat. I've ordered a thermistor (I hope it's easy to replace - I'm totally skint so I have to do it myself or it's hot water bottles!), but I'm wondering if anyone else has any bright ideas based upon the above evidence?!?!! And why would both my hot water AND heating now suddenly be off after only draining and fiddling with the pump??! It's all very strange.

Really appreciate any replies!

M

Re: Vokera Linea 24 Problem - no central heating at first but now a complete shut dow

Friendly bunch to people who don't open their own boilers up...

We cant help you, tis illegal to even go into your boiler without being qualified and competent.
you're breaking the law.

How can you check if your boiler is now operating properly, combustion is ok + not spilling carbon monoxide into the room ?

get an engineer in or stick to the hot water bottles and boiling the kettle for your own safety, turn the boiler off to as you've had a play.

i will add you're barking up the wrong tree in the wrong forest.

get a gas safe engineer in.....

MODDDD

Re: Vokera Linea 24 Problem - no central heating at first but now a complete shut dow

Extremely friendly bunch who are also concerned with your safety and wellbeing.

Turn it off and get someone in who knows what they're doing before you kill yourself.

Announcements - Central Heating Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
S
Thanks everyone for the advice so far. I got...
Replies
Views
Sam Wain
S
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
Were in a similar-ish situation in that our...
Replies
Views
Back