Vokera linear 24 Hot water issue | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera linear 24 Hot water issue in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Thanks diamond. I shall have to give it a shot.

Well worth getting use to checking diff pressures. Mostly comes in handy when you get intermittent fan flue faults. It's like testing temp diff temp across boiler F&R only in reverse. Bigger the aps diff on a fan the greater the air flow, bigger the temp diff on a boiler to poorer the water flow :)

The ntc sensor on these have a tendency to corrode away, there's a rubber boot over the dhw sensor, which if water gets in, can't get out. So a little leak will destroy the sensor. It does go to fault code eventually.

Right ... I went to that linea today and what it seems to be doing is heating up to 40 degrees burner cuts out water starts cooling then the burner kicks back in again and round and round it goes. Housing association ate going to change it.

Yes mate, there was only the thermistor left to change. It has had a new phex, gas valve, pcb, fan, aps, venturi, so I went out to fix it and the office phoned and said leave it we are sticking a new one in. I took out the thermister fired it back up and the water got red hot, put it back in and the fault reappeared. glad to be honest it looked like a nightmare, the prv was discharging into the toilet pan. It was a vipers nest of bad work. And the house was an absolute dump.

That's weird that the thermistor would be last to change!! Ho-hum ... New boiler in will sort it :)

Thanks for the update Chris F.:)

That's what I said mate. It's the first thing I would have whipped out. I think the company who have been looking after these boilers have been having a nice time profiteering and bamboozling the staff . They have charged over a grand do far fiddling with this boiler.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
I’m not familiar with this boiler, but if you...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If its a quick fix then a callout will be £70+...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
Back