w pressure | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss w pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 mbar below that at the meter at the INLET TO THE APPPLIANCE.

Not so what I remember my self MJ . WB had a bulletin out that there appliances will work safe when wp at appliance was as low as 16 mbar or 13mbar and gas rate was within 10%......
but I will call them Monday (was hopping someone remember it )

The issue isn't with the appliance you're fitting it's with anything else on the same line ... eg. most cookers specify 20mbar working. if the boilers sucking the WP down to 16mbar then you're spuds are going to take a bit longer to roast! lol

Actually Stan when you're fitting New, technically you've got to guarantee no more than 1mbar across the supply. However, as you state, some mi's will accept lower without it compromising the working performance of the boiler!

As said, main concern I ever have is on how it may affect other appliances. :)

Pretty sure vaillant have 13mbr as a minimum now at the gas valve. (only the newer version of 831's etc)

Not so what I remember my self MJ . WB had a bulletin out that there appliances will work safe when wp at appliance was as low as 16 mbar or 13mbar and gas rate was within 10%......
but I will call them Monday (was hopping someone remember it )

TB 115

NO more than 2.5 mbar lower at appliance test point than at meter. This allows for a loss of 1.5 mbar across the inlet of the boiler plus 1 across the pipework.

I believe that all condensing boilers must work safely down to 14 mbar but when installing you should comply with the regs. The minimum of 16,5 at the test point is allowing for a the above drops with the minimum working pressure of 19 mbar at the meter. It is not an excuse for leaving an inadequately sized gas pipe in place when fitting a new appliance.

Trouble is :
paint house in belgravia next to Hampstead in London :) gas meter is 30m away downstairs in the front of a grate 2 listed building

Well i would say it's going to be expensive ! Either get meter moved or route a 54mm supply. Obviously going to exceed iv on domestic. Upsize meter too. Take u 2 years to get consent from council. 3 years find a parking space

There is two property's that had new boilers fitted and they had 28mm runs ! One of it is like 20m external and there must have been about 30 90 bends :)lol
I told customer that will need to calculate how much I can do in 1" 1/4 with about 25 bends and he wants to have a 44kw combi + there is a unknown output gas fire

even worse if the incoming is below 19mbar and the supplier is happy to leave it at there legal minimum requirement.

He had gas tested and there is 26 standing and 23 working at meter with 50000btu boiler + unknown gas fire (no one has gas rated it ) and 13mbar working at gas boiler

Classy install. What boilers falcons? All those bends may have as well used micro-bore. If external some nice 24" in orca !

I think i would walk away from this one unless I knew the pay day would be good.
Its alot of red tape and aggro to do this right.

Told him guesstimate gas run will be about £3k ........ he nearly dropped dead on the floor and I asked him does he have a clue how much is 1 x 90 bend ? ( no that I knew my self just playing the game )

35mm Yorkshire £16 but retail £45 if you do job get a bender in. ( I'm not available!) or price one into job along with a m18 band saw.

He lives in Belgravia, wants a 44kw combi, gas meters 30m away and 3k is 2.5k too much for a gas run.

Next week he will get the maserati serviced...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Phone your gas safe registered engineer.
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looking at how you replied to ShaunCorb's...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Sounds OK so long as the heating system is...
Replies
Views
Back