wanted 45mm drill bit | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss wanted 45mm drill bit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E bay have some sds max 45mm, looks like a beast of a drill bit!

Beats coring like you say... can feel like slow progress some times!

is just waist of a time me think drilling 1.5 inch core ! takes about 45m-1h ! is not so much the time that it takes but also looking after the hands :)

think my be quicker with the right drill bit

biggest bit i got is 32 sds, but then iv only got a little sds drill, not a Hilti beast!

Be careful as they can make an awful mess of brickwork on the outside of houses when they go through, unlike a core drill.

Be careful as they can make an awful mess of brickwork on the outside of houses when they go through, unlike a core drill.

i was thinking of pilot bit 18mm then 25mm then 30mm then 45mm
this way safe the drill and the drill bit of over working :)

Get one of these (or a couple of different sizes)
http://www.*************/p/erbauer-tct-core-drill-bit-50mm/26927;jsessionid=tTRLPC8GFqL5xH4lH2Vj1jzrT2vRxc3JLT5tXHZmGd9kZQHpHglg!1635862304
and one of these
http://www.*************/p/erbauer-sds-plus-arbor-300mm/64544;jsessionid=tTRLPC8GFqL5xH4lH2Vj1jzrT2vRxc3JLT5tXHZmGd9kZQHpHglg!1635862304
(scre w fix)

Std sds fitting but only do up to just over 300mm. It will do a hole through a cavity wall in under a minute, go through wood and rebar. You don't need the pilot drill as they are easy to start. They last about 6 months or so until you loose the teeth of them or the extension bar snaps. Very little breakthrough.

If you are going for an sds max bit, breakthrough bits are cheaper to buy.
Bosch 1618596455 (1 618 596 455) Breakthrough Drill Bits SDS-max 45 X 450 X 600 mm: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
diamond cores for me,down to 32, with water if hard, too much damage for me using tct or sds
imo

It is easy to judge when you are nearly through with the small tct's. Take the hammer off for the last 10mm and there is little breakthrough or drill from outside in and at most you will need a small handful of plaster. SDS max bits and you will need a couple of brick to patch it sometimes.

im suprised they take you that long to core most brickwork 50 mm core tops 20 mins do you pilot drill first ?

My makita core drill (not sure what model, but has the variable speed on trigger) can put a 4 1/2" flue hole through an average cavity wall (concrete or brick, not thermalite!) in about 4-5 mins.... seriously I put it on hammer though, but its a very light hammer on this drill. You go through cores a little quicker, but not by much, but whats a core? £45? it's paid for itself if it saves you standing there with your head squashed against the ceiling kneeling on the kitchen worktop for half an hour!

Give it a go, you'll be surprised at the pace ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That's good to know, thank you. Might be an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes very hot water it can dissolve soap scum...
Replies
Views
Titan!
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I...
Replies
Views
thanks Riley, i will try what you suggested...
Replies
Views
Back