Wanted - A power flusher | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wanted - A power flusher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got my kanco one of flea bay £400 paid for its self in 2 jobs , id say your better buying the chemicals in bulk too

Tried Ebay. Always seem to miss the bargains! I'll keep trying.

Anyone wants to sell theres, my budget is about £400.

Ive just bought a Norstrom, 4x your budget Danny but well worth it IMOP.

Just bought my Rothenberger power flush last week from E-bay, £300 all in.
only used couple of times, spotless. already paid for itself and then some. (thanks again, andy from bristol! well happy!)
secret with e-bay is to just watch an item you want, dont bid on it or youll drive price up, then hit it with your very maximum spend (plus a bit extra) at the last 15 seconds!!
as long as your max bid is substantially higher than the leading bid, the others dont have time to out bid your max bid before auction ends!
Its a bit ruthless i agree, but it vastly increases your chance of getting that power flusher!
and it doesnt half give you a rush!!
my missus is an expert at this!
scary!

I probably bid on your power flusher Mark!

I've been watching them for ages now, and I'm useless at winning stuff.

I have a good feedback on eBay but it's all from 'Buy Now' stuff.

I've tried this bidding at the last second thing, and it always goes wrong! :)

£300 all in. Very nice.

I need to get one. Hiring is fine, but the hassle of picking up and returning the units is a pain.

I'll keep on looking. They don't come up that often.

Oh and I know the Nostrum ones are the best, but I can't afford £1600.

you c an download snipeing software that will automaticly put in your pre programed bid the second the ebay auction ends.

IMO I'm not convinced that sniping really works as much as people say on Ebay compared to a real auction, and I've got too much work on to be waiting in front of a PC watching auctions all the time. Just leave your max on and go out and do some work!

Think I'll get some of the sniping software sorted. Leaving your max and going to work means you push up the bidding and lose it at the last minute.

Yeah!
Especially if my missus is prowling the auctions!
Shes my phone girl,secretary,amongst other duties, and sends me off to work to pay for the ebay sessions!
Leaving a max bid is total waste of time!

:rolleyes:Yeah!
Shes my phone girl,secretary,amongst other duties, and sends me off to work to pay for the ebay sessions!:p

Yeah!
Shes my phone girl,secretary,amongst other duties, and sends me off to work to pay for the ebay sessions!

In all fairness as with everything in life, you pays your money you makes your choice. The rothenberger unit is worth about £100 had one from plumbase when they were on offer and it lasted 8 jobs, no word of a lie.

Kamco, Fernox and the new Grundfos Clearflow are the only decent machines, if you can get one 2nd hand then fair play but the reason theyre hardly ever on ebay is because they are decent machines that hardly ever breakdown!

Rothenberger had more than one powerflush unit on sale.
One was professional heavy duty and one was not!
The unit i bought retailed at over 700., and is a serious piece of kit.
The firm work for has had the same unit taking regular abuse fir years without a problem, hence thats why i bought one myself!
The smaller rothenberger unit struggled to flush larger properties, but mine coped superbly in a seven bed manor house this week!

i went and did the Kamco course years ago and while I was there a guy showed me an advert for a power flushing machine nearly the same but for less that half the price, I still have this machine and it paid for itself on the first job. The pump is the exact one that kamco have on their so I cannot see how they can justify charging double robbing gits

Gas Marc, care to tell me what machine it is and where I can buy one?

I need it asap, I've got 3 powerflushes booked!

Oh well, I'm going to go buy the one in the link. They're half hour from me. I'll post back if its crap!

Danny

you could try ABcot uk I have not a number for them and it was years ago, I would not recommend kamco purely on price , but i used them just to get the exact spec pump which are made in italy, bit of a result having 3 booked ,Happy days

if you are defo getting one make sure you get the big magnet magnacleaner as apparently it only requires one pass which saves time and the pump adapture

Cheers, well I just picked mine up. Got a pump adapter which looks good quality. The magnets in the cleaner are not nearly as strong as the magnets in the magnaclean so I don't hold out too much hope for that!

I'll let you know how I get on with it. Not as big as it looked in the pictures.

Got my first job with it on Monday. Quite a result having 3 jobs booked up. Might have a 4th for a boiler change I'm quoting for.

It'll be paid for by the end of the week, which is never the case with the majority of tools I buy.

if you are defo getting one make sure you get the big magnet magnacleaner as apparently it only requires one pass which saves time and the pump adapture

Can't afford the big mag cleaner as well, they're about £300.

well thats what you need ,unless you have some other way of clearing the crap out

Got the grey matter ticking over now.
Im going to get my rocal flusher out of van tomoz and see if i can mount a magnaclean in line on it to help catch metallic crud.
Should be possible, and will provide a 'live' advert for selling a magnaclean to customer!

Got the grey matter ticking over now.
Im going to get my rocal flusher out of van tomoz and see if i can mount a magnaclean in line on it to help catch metallic crud.
Should be possible, and will provide a 'live' advert for selling a magnaclean to customer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi All Following the various threads on...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
S
If it don't go on Ebay, let me know cos I need...
Replies
Views
S
:disappointed: Snooze you loose i guess. Good...
Replies
Views
AdamMcC5
A
Back