Waste carriers licence | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Waste carriers licence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote''
if this waste is placed into the customers' domestic waste bin, which is highly likely, then technically an offence is being committed under the illegal deposit of waste''

thats where they come unstuck because you can put virtually anything in your own bin that is not prohibited!. like i said its their property and they will have to arrange collection.

Will only be able to find out tomorrow, when I get to office, but will put it up ASAP.

They had something in plumbing and heating monthly a few months back that said you did not require one if its your rubbish you've created in your daily job. I'm sure others will comment on this.

This means you dont need the scrap brokers license, you still need the carriers license

I just registered as a lower tier licencee.

I only carry my own business waste.

Doesn't need renewing and FREE!!

You need the higher tier, did you go through the form to see which you need? I even phoned them to check.

Let's be honest. None of us fly tip most of us have sign written vans and handle wast correctly ie it goes in a skip or in an estate down the tip. Scrap is worth money so we certainly won't be dumping that down a country lane and yet it's scrap that they pick up on. Both the people pulled up by ea have been pulled up on a back of copper or a ball valve. Even nomadic caravan dwellers aren't going to tip that down a lane! So what's the point in this licence it's a tax on the people who handle their waste correctly to subsidise the local governments short comings in tracking the minority that do fly tip ie it pays to clean up others mess!

Besides when they open the van doors it's art I've just sold it to a gallery uptown I called it "the builder"

Let's be honest. None of us fly tip most of us have sign written vans and handle wast correctly ie it goes in a skip or in an estate down the tip. Scrap is worth money so we certainly won't be dumping that down a country lane and yet it's scrap that they pick up on. Both the people pulled up by ea have been pulled up on a back of copper or a ball valve. Even nomadic caravan dwellers aren't going to tip that down a lane! So what's the point in this licence it's a tax on the people who handle their waste correctly to subsidise the local governments short comings in tracking the minority that do fly tip ie it pays to clean up others mess!

Agree, it's a complete disgrace and so transparent.
Once upon a time this kind of exploitation would have me frothing at the mouth but there's a new government backed scam every week and I can't keep up. Either accept that adding these expenses to your overheads will price you out of work or accept its going to eat into your earnings.

Agree, it's a complete disgrace and so transparent.
Once upon a time this kind of exploitation would have me frothing at the mouth but there's a new government backed scam every week and I can't keep up. Either accept that adding these expenses to your overheads will price you out of work or accept its going to eat into your earnings.

Yep. That ^^^

Its hardly worth running a business these days. Sometimes I think that all the small businesses and self employed people should just give it up for a year, and see if the country can survive on multinationals and the public sector.

Oh - hang on, who would pay the feckin' bills?

isnt that what Leigh park residents were renowned for doing anyhow ray, except some of them never worked for 30 years!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Northstar, forgot will be on the case first thing.
seems to be getting more and more forgetting,
went into plumbs yesterday for a greenstar timer, walked out after a chat, clock still on counter, got to first job, looked all over van then got call it's still there!
senior moments!

Last edited:
Sorry it took so long lads but had to recheck, it appears we pay around £120 per year for our waste license, this may be because we have a yard and a skip in it, and we transfer our rubbish from the vehicles into the skip on our own site, trying to find more information on this.

As redsaw said, if it never leaves the customer's house with you, there's no problem. Fine for small/medium jobs. Might make them grumble if it's a boiler or a bathtub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Tank if forty years old so think it's out of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you go and put your hose in the top like...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Welcome! Could anyone offer their advice?
Replies
Views
Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
Back