Waste carriers license | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Waste carriers license in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Well if they collect every two weeks and it was a complete bathroom then how long did the job take? 8 weeks?

I did. When I thought it was the right thing to do when the local council were parked up at the tip vetting all vans that came in whether they were carrying commercial or not. I quickly had an epiphany and thought no. Now it’s not even an option. As my van is too small. It’s skip or scrappy now.

I did. When I thought it was the right thing to do when the local council were parked up at the tip vetting all vans that came in whether they were carrying commercial or not. I quickly had an epiphany and thought no. Now it’s not even an option. As my van is too small. It’s skip or scrappy now.
You do know the basic level one is FREE don`t you? This basic level one will include your sandwiches!

May well be the case mate I was just rather indignant by the entrapment at the tip. It was the council and the dVLa who were also doing vehicle checks. Only vans. None of the rust bucket death trap cars that were driving in.

May well be the case mate I was just rather indignant by the entrapment at the tip. It was the council and the dVLa who were also doing vehicle checks. Only vans. None of the rust bucket death trap cars that were driving in.
Entrapment? It is simply the law and costs nothing.

Well as I say mate the council side I could cope with but the dvla doing vehicle checks only on a select audience rather boiled my blood

I don’t have a waste licence and won’t get one unless it is free.
If I have to pay, then customer can keep it all.

I recycle any cardboard, small metal parts and old oil boilers and radiators I usually give away. All hard plastics I now recycle. Scary how much plastic scrap there is.

All copper and brass parts somehow always come home with me. £££ :)

It's a nightmare getting rid of waste , fly tipping galore round here. Need a licence to carry waste then you need to have another one for the tip if you have a van. Then on top of that if you use our local tip to often they ban you ffs.

Also not to mention all the separating of all your waste because God forbid if you accidentally put s bit of polystyrene in the wrong skip.

Company I work for have one, but I bet alot of sole traders don't. I read a news article a few months back where a tradie got fined for transporting his lunch waste, he was told that because his rubbish was in a commercial rubble sack it fell under commercial waste which he didn't have a waste carriers licence for :eek:.

But then I've also read that if you create the waste, then your allowed to transport it and that the waste carriers was for those who make a living off picking up others waste :confused:

An electrician friend was done exactly that way but he only had his pack-up wrapper. Mind, he's an argumentative tw4t :rolleyes: £200 fine plus had to buy license.

What a load of pish! I would be going and fighting that one in court. Jobsworth council workers, you may pay us but you dont tell us attitude of these wa**ers is unparallelled. This is why other people need a waste carriers licence so we can pay them to uplift it.

So all of these don't apply
I don't transport waste (as in from place to place)
I don't buy sell or dispose of waste
I dont Arrange for someone else to buy sell or dispose of waste I let the customer arrange with the scrappy to do this
So I don't require one
And waste is not my main business

Screenshot_20190302-194616_Samsung Internet.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

I live in Azerbaijan, the house has three full...
Replies
Views
Hello where are you located ?
Replies
Views
Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
Back