Water cylinder | Bathroom Advice | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water cylinder in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

M

ma701ss

Planning to install an unvented water cylinder to supply 5 showers in a club. Potentially up to 25 people using the showers after matches, in turn obviously. 5 electric showers was my first thought because there's no chance of the water running out but presumably more expensive to run and the incoming supply is not enough to the building apparently. Is there a cylinder that could keep up with the demand, and would an electrically heated cylinder recover quicker?

Smart line has much bigger surface area, stores ware at 85c and blends down to 65. It's all glass free.

Thanks that ariston cylinder is within budget, we could install two perhaps but then how much are the expansion vessels?

Calculating at the only basic level I understand, 9l/m x 5 mins per shower x 25 people having showers = 1,125 litres. How is 600 litres going to keep up with that, or will it extend further if a TMV is used at each cylinder?

All I'm trying to do is work out the basis for a system I can propose to the plumber, as I said he proposed before just one 250 litre cylinder so probably hadn't worked it out at all.

Thanks that ariston cylinder is within budget, we could install two perhaps but then how much are the expansion vessels?

Calculating at the only basic level I understand, 9l/m x 5 mins per shower x 25 people having showers = 1,125 litres. How is 600 litres going to keep up with that, or will it extend further if a TMV is used at each cylinder?

All I'm trying to do is work out the basis for a system I can propose to the plumber, as I said he proposed before just one 250 litre cylinder so probably hadn't worked it out at all.

Eh wrong wrong wrong what about cold water ,,, mixer showers mix hot with cold youve worked it out as just hot water which would scald them

You have 600l of 65 deg hot water and when you instal the showers you have to fit colds on every one to mix with the hot, so you then have 600l hot water mixed with cold main, which will need to sufficient to run all showers plus the cylinders,,, Think youl have to get with your engineer and architect and sit down with them and knock your heads together,

So I've used Andrews water heater size-it tool and it gives the attached calculation. Presumably the same would apply for other heaters, so two ariston heaters should be fine but are the expansion vessels expensive? cylinder.jpg

Went for a 28.8kw electric boiler with 240 litre storage in the end. So many different people inc. the manufacturers all coming up with different opinions and calculations it's a wonder anybody gets it right when putting a system in! Thanks for the advice.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello all I'm replacing 2 unvented cylinder a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
The basin & bathtaps will be pretty old to be...
Replies
Views
Back