web site bringing no business | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss web site bringing no business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would give it more time people need to see your van around see your face etc etc , i said in earlier post everybody knows a plumber so when people get to know you i reckon you'l get more work .

need to walk before you can run , i dont advertise but have tried in the past and never worked out for me but the area i live is saturated with plumbs and gsr .Bet it will take a year or so before work load picks up

stan i think your time and money would be better spent learning a little web design. it's inexpensive anmd you can steal idea's sorry i'll rephrase that gain inspiration from other websites. its not as hard as you think with a web editor and a little research on seo.

Stan, if I search "Plumber Northampton" I get this:

Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 09.46.53.jpg

I can't see your website there. Maybe that's part of the problem?

I got recommended a guy here 8 months ago, I am now number 1 on google maps for plumber aylesbury, aylesbury plumber, plumber in aylesbury, plumbers aylesbury. 2-3 calls a day. £35 a month. Best money I ever spent I have 4 weeks spare between now and Xmas. I am sure it will be filled up by end of October. But 50 per cent of my work is word of mouth. But I still have 50 per cent new customers which is essential to being busy

Doesnt sound like Andy from ACRC to me, can you pass me his number please mate

Feed back helps us all. I would possibly move ur phone number to 1/3 down on rhs. Brits read left to right. By default miss top left 1/3 when skimming a page. First thing u focus on is the woman on sofa.... Ur number wants to be below that?

Feed back helps us all. I would possibly move ur phone number to 1/3 down on rhs. Brits read left to right. By default miss top left 1/3 when skimming a page. First thing u focus on is the woman on sofa.... Ur number wants to be below that?

the man that build it is not a immigrant , he is english man :) pmsl

Yes I use acre, took 8 months to get up there, but I am up there. I pay 35 as I did the website myself, also I have separate pages for every village, Stan talk to Andrew about google maps and google Adwords as you may want some instant results whilst your website is getting going. Also rated people, don't pay them money, I got signed up and received calls from people even though I didn't bid for job. Will take a while as Northampton is huge but keep at it, results will be worth it.

I spoke to Andrew today and he is going to look into rebuilding it and having different strategy !

Adam he probably has taken my hard earned cash I was given by the government when I used to signed up .......

you are being ripped off Stan. £55 is a lot to pay a month. Tell them to add google analytics and give you access too see how many people actually visiting your web.

I was suggested to use him as he is good , now if I pool off I am lost with nothing for this winter ,
I have had work passed on from other plumbers but new customers are needed to keep going

getting more from google maps than from website. i have no time to update, but will have to do it and do more seo on it. im doing it myself. so not paying anybody.

A few years ago I naively spent £1000 advertising with a large company near where I live. Didn't get one job, not even a time waster! Did some work for the women's institute, phone didn't stop ringing. I never advertise now, but then again I work for somebody else two days a week. Hope this helps?

my view

its a sterile website!!

free to buyers? better putting -free service to new customers!!

wheres all the pictures of you, your vans & your work?

put a tempter in like 'free magnetic filter with all new boilers'

outside taps from £25.

:)

all pictures are on the bottom where it says follow us on facebook :)

should we have it reworded so its clear for people of where to look for images of work done ?

You will have searched and clicked your own website a lot, so Google will rank your site higher to you than to others.
Try opening a private browsing window and do the search again, that way you'll see the search results that everyone else sees.

all pictures are on the bottom where it says follow us on facebook :)

should we have it reworded so its clear for people of where to look for images of work done ?

when they have to traipse around looking for the pictures they have gone to the next web imo.
you have 3 seconds to make an impact when someone opens your page

Looking at it again I reckon it's too wordy. There's too much on there. All people want to know when they look at a web page is what you do and how to get hold of you with a link to some customer testimonials which is where you want the pictures. I also think the free gas safety check for new buyers is a put off, sparks of desperation to me.

Have a look at joining Checkatrade, I can't keep up with the number of calls I'm getting from them at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

yes , the meter for the immersion heater. Not...
Replies
Views
Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
T
Hi Guys, As some of you know I have been...
Replies
Views
T
Good evening I am looking for a work...
Replies
Views
M
got my website via a friend for the cost of...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Back