What 40kw Boiler would you recommend? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What 40kw Boiler would you recommend? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

I was hoping for some advice/recommendations. I have a large 4 bedroomed bungalow, with 3 bathrooms and a cloakroom. I am finally ripping out the rubbish Ferroli boiler that was recommended to us and want to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.

I thought our best bet would be to go for a 40kw boiler and would prefer to get one with a long warranty, but obviously as Ferroli did everything in their power to get out of honouring my boiler, a manufacturer with a good customer service history is essential.

I have seen a Baxi boiler at Screwfix that looks promising, but haven't found any reviews when I googled it. http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/baxi-ecoblue-advanced-40-40kw-combi-boiler-erp/6946h

Also is it possible to have something fitted, so I can control the temperature with an app?

Thanks in advance :)

40kw that's a bit of a beast for 4 bed 3 baths. Get a couple of installers round to go through your options.

if you are thinking of a combi for 3 bathrooms, look at a better solution of unvented cyl and a much smaller and cheaper to run boiler, get some quotes done

unvented cylinder all the way and Worcester or viessmann heat only

unvented cylinder all the way and Worcester or viessmann heat only[/

Oi, hop it back to your wiring thread, recommending WB or veissman, heathen.... anyone with an once of sense knows an intergas is the best option.

unvented cylinder all the way and Worcester or viessmann heat only[/

Oi, hop it back to your wiring thread, recommending WB or veissman, heathen.... anyone with an once of sense knows an intergas is the best option.

:D each to there own and there all about the same

I don't want a cylinder in the loft, so this is probably a really stupid question lol but can a cylinder go in the garage?

I don't want a cylinder in the loft, so this is probably a really stupid question lol but can a cylinder go in the garage?

it can and you can even put the boiler in there aslong as it meets the regs best to ask your local gas safe eng

that's good to know, that it could go in the garage with the boiler. I just assumed that no one bothered with cyclinder boilers anymore and wondered what the pro's and cons are for both?

By the sounds of it, a combi wouldn't be the best solution for you...

You would be better off with an unvented hot water cylinder (this can go in your garage)(no header tank required in loft)

I would also be looking at a system boiler such as the worcester 30cdi system...

comes with a decent warranty package and their customer service is excellent.

I once had a client with a boiler out of warranty and worcster sent a new heat exchanger out that was on site the next morning... didn't even charge the customer for it.

that's good to know, that it could go in the garage with the boiler. I just assumed that no one bothered with cyclinder boilers anymore and wondered what the pro's and cons are for both?

really combis are only designed for one bathroom

where as unvented cylinders with the right set up will run 2-3 bathrooms

Thank you for all your help :) I will go off and do some more research and be back with lots more questions, but I will definitely get some quotes

Whereabouts are you, Lisa? Wouldn't hurt you for one of us giving you a quote.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Hi

Sorry Ive only just replied, but I was having trouble posting it. I live in Annesley in Nottinghamshire and would be happy to have some quotes, if anyone is local :)

Hi

Sorry Ive only just replied, but I was having trouble posting it. I live in Annesley in Nottinghamshire and would be happy to have some quotes, if anyone is local :)

Hi Lisa,

I'd be happy to come and have a look / quote you for work should you wish?

Message me and we can swap details.

Regards,

Harry

40 kw baxi duotec is a cracking boiler,but it wont run 3 baths at the same time

What are everyone's thoughts on a Worcester Bosch CDI classic system?

Very good boilers

and log back in please

Hi Shaun

is there a particular model I should be looking for? My Dad (lol), says I should be looking for one with a flow rate of 20-25 per minute :)

Lisa, read this thread again.

Every contributor has recommended an unvented cylinder + system boiler rather than a monster combination boiler which won't be able to provide for three bathrooms adequately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Another option you might consider is to add a...
Replies
Views
1st thing you want to look at is price...
Replies
Views
Get 3 detailed quotes
Replies
Views
I have seen companies honour warranties with...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
N
Some just want the supreme hot water flow...
Replies
Views
newcastle phill
N
Back